What to do with a hermie? Help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenthumb808

Reaction score
So it's official my plant is a hermie. there are little ball sacks protruding from the buds. Will they make all of the rest of the buds male or will it just have seeds with buds?

This is the only plant I have. if anyone can answer my question I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Buds with seeds, if the pollen is viable.

Ball sacks? Do you mean seeds in the bud? If you have seeded pot, it will be just that. It won't make any thing male.

thats the only one you have and how far along is shim?...I would just pluck those nanners when you see them...best of luck

So it's official my plant is a hermie. there are little ball sacks protruding from the buds. Will they make all of the rest of the buds male or will it just have seeds with buds?

This is the only plant I have. if anyone can answer my question I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Greetings

Is ur plant a female with pollen sacks or a pure male or male with pistils?
Years ago in my C99 days, I had did a C99 grow and had a pure male developed pistils to what I call a selfing male. DJ Short claimed that some of these rarities are what to look for. My selfing C99 male produced a rare C99 sativa pheno. I had another an Hawaiian do the same and I collected seed from them. The resultant offspring produced as the male is, yet some hermi and some fems. If only 1 plant u may have to cull. Check and see. That C99 grapefruit sativa is like no other C99 I've yet to see with some of the narrowest and smallest leaves I've ever seen on plant, and True sativa flower structure.

Peace
Atomic Dog

Now that you mention it I think they'r seeds. And my plant is a female. I got it from a local collective near where I live. but the collective closed down soon after opening so I wouldn't be surprised if they were selling hermied plants. Thanks for all the info it really helped alot. I always thought that when you see anything that looks like a seed or pollen sack will pollinate all of the surrounding buds. but now I know thanks! ����

well.. no, the seed won't pollinate.. but something obviously has. you should try to figure out what/where.

if it is just some seeds or a banana (lone yellow pollen sack protruding from a bud) and you don't have other plants or worry about contamination, you can likely finish it. might snap and pop burning, but if that's ok to you. giv'er

if it is infact a fully intersexed/hermaphrodite plant, with female pistils and male balls.. i would lean to saying it's gonna be a waste of time.

Latest posts

Back