What to do with NON-AUTOFLOWER plants that flowered at 8-12” high & are now revenging?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see the plastic hurting the plants. They are pretty tough.

By the way. I made mine with a big round trash can lid. I taped the plastic all around the edge of the lid. Put a ring at the top I could hook on to the pole. I use a garden pole that has a hook you put hanging plants on. Workers great. Also if you had to you could putt a few stakes in the plastic at the bottom to keep it from moving. The good thing is they are only covered a few hours before it gets dark. Never leave it covered with plastic if it rains. To much moisture and no air circulation. I cover mine with a umbrella if it rains.

By the way. I made mine with a big round trash can lid. I taped the plastic all around the edge of the lid. Put a ring at the top I could hook on to the pole. I use a garden pole that has a hook you put hanging plants on. Workers great. Also if you had to you could putt a few stakes in the plastic at the bottom to keep it from moving. The good thing is they are only covered a few hours before it gets dark. Never leave it covered with plastic if it rains. To much moisture and no air circulation. I cover mine with a umbrella if it rains.

Thanks. That sounds pretty good. I’ve got about 24 plants, however some look like regular plants now, and I’m not going to cover them. They don’t have any leaves that even look like they’re going into reveg. They also don’t have any blooms on them anymore.
I also have a few that are only about a foot high & all the leaves have turned shiny/smooth edges & have blooms going up the spine....I don’t think they’re going anywhere. I may cover one to see if it’ll work...don’t know.

thanks for the heads up on the rain......we’ve got another one right now. Had to run out & cover the tiny plants, or they’d be toast by now.

I’m going to post photos next.

Oh hail....again, literally. Well, ‘internet’, if you can call it that, is not working well. We live in the country & the best we can get is working of wifi off AT&T cell service & the best we get is 2 dots...
So, I may have to upload these a couple at a time. Here goes:
The first is one that I pruned when I first saw them flowering early. It, and others have almost lost all flowering, have grown, and look like they’re growing like a normal plant. I feel I don’t need to cover these: The first two photos are side & top view of one of those
9DBD6536-9FEB-4A87-AF56-495E1FAF1E6F.jpegAA1AAB55-21E2-495C-B167-DE74D8317804.jpeg
That was all I could upload right now. The next photos were of one that’s only about a foot tall, all leaves look like revegged leaves & flowers going up the stem. They look hopeless & I’m thinking of not bothering to cover them. It may be a moot point tonight as the rain is a mess. I’ll try later To upload those.

I think I may be able to get those now. Love living in the country.....technology hasn’t caught up yet, but sure enjoy seeing the rolling hills, trees, cows & sheep (prefer the cows, but sheep will do).
These are of the one that’s only about a foot tall, didn’t branch, leaves are all shiny/reveg-like & has ’flowers’ all up the stem... I don’t see how this one’s going to make it & may not put the bag over it,or the others that are like it. (Only a few)...
I couldn’t put them out tonight as it rained right before evening & the plants are wet. Above advised not to put the bags on when it’s raining—makes sense. Hope I can get them tomorrow. Looks like the rain may end by Tuesday.
Here are the photos. first is side view & second is top (I know it’s calcium deficient. I’m having trouble with pests, etc—rain is hurting that, too....can’t spray the leaves & it’s too wet to water...):

Attachments

• F33B3541-427E-44B8-88F0-888CE338946F.jpeg
    F33B3541-427E-44B8-88F0-888CE338946F.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 6F849306-9C96-464E-A41E-2A6B752DC269.jpeg
    6F849306-9C96-464E-A41E-2A6B752DC269.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
My internet was so bad last night that my last post didn’t even finish. I didn’t realize it until now.

The hail only put a few holes in some leaves. No real damage, thank goodness 😊. The bab plants were under plastic, but wind could get in the sides, and most were down, like vines 😔. So much rain.....they’re spindly.....I leaned them against very thin sticks.

My internet was so bad last night that my last post didn’t even finish. I didn’t realize it until now.

The hail only put a few holes in some leaves. No real damage, thank goodness 😊. The bab plants were under plastic, but wind could get in the sides, and most were down, like vines 😔. So much rain.....they’re spindly.....I leaned them against very thin sticks.
I am sorry things aren't going as planned. I kind of agree that you should plan to move on. That happens. I grow indoors and it is more predictable.

I am sorry things aren't going as planned. I kind of agree that you should plan to move on. That happens. I grow indoors and it is more predictable.

Thanks...my “baby” plants are my ‘moving on’ for this year. The first ones are the plants that flowered too early. I think some of those will make it. The newer ones probably will now. It’s stopped raining, I think, so they should stop stretching.

I live in a climate that’s pretty good for growing outdoors. I know I don’t have the control, however the cost of indoor growing is pretty high; not to mention getting caught would be easier here than outdoors in the woods. So, for me, outdoors is going to be the way i need to go. Just have to put up with the unpredictability of it :p .

Latest posts

Back