what to do??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Well. My current grow box is small. I intended its use to be for a mother. Well I have two plants. a mother and a huge sativa dom. (came from bagseed). They went into flower and my NL showed her beautiful face. But this huge bushy one is not showing any thing. The girl is nice and gettin hairy. but this big one is just growing and growing and growing without showing a sex. It is blocking some of the light to my female. and it making it a pain to conecntrate on my female.
My questions is what to do with the big one. I want to go back to 24 hr. lighting to get my mom back to veg. ASAP. Should I just chop this big pain in the ass plant down. or what???

Are you sure that big bushy one with no hairs hasn't grown a pair of balls you haven't noticed yet? Check each node very closely for the presence of male hairs.

This same thing happened to me when I put my heavenly hash into flowering. I had 3 plants, 3 started growing hairs, one just kept growing bushier and bushier till I finally noticed the balls it had grown. Effectively signing its own death warrant as I like to say :)

Mutt said:
Well. My current grow box is small. I intended its use to be for a mother. Well I have two plants. a mother and a huge sativa dom. (came from bagseed). They went into flower and my NL showed her beautiful face. But this huge bushy one is not showing any thing. The girl is nice and gettin hairy. but this big one is just growing and growing and growing without showing a sex. It is blocking some of the light to my female. and it making it a pain to conecntrate on my female.
My questions is what to do with the big one. I want to go back to 24 hr. lighting to get my mom back to veg. ASAP. Should I just chop this big pain in the ass plant down. or what???
If your Mother is suffering because of the space problem and you already know she's a she, then yeah, strip the other one and shred it and do the booze thing or cook it. At least it won't go to waste. If you can use clones to sex your plants in the future, you'll be saving them a lot of unneeded stress, and you'll save yourself a lot of time.

I've got a similar problem. My four mothers are needing a LOT more room. I've been pruning them back on a constant basis and using the leaf for some respectable Boatway.

Before you ask, Boatway is the name I've given the booze/weed product I make. My label says "You can have it one way or you can have it Boatway!"

In other words, you can get high or drunk, or you can do both. Works for me, and the few people I share the product with, love it. They want lots more than I can produce. I use ALL of my leaf, and I do mean ALL of it, and I use a lot of bud in it too. Hey, if you're going to have a drink and you want to also be high, then it only makes sense. When I'm going out to a place where it isn't possible to get high by smoking some bud, I take a few tincures with me of the really strong stuff and I get as high as I want to with a simple trip to the bathroom. I just put a tincture into a drink. Nobody knows diddly and I get seriously buzzed.
icon10.gif

well this huge cow of a plant has officially been assigned to death row.
muccawhore.gif

Male hairs??? I thought they just grew green pollen pods. I have seen males and never seen pronounced hairs. Something I should look for??

I am starting to clone again. I just wasn't set up for it at the point I started this grow. I will sex it that way next go around.

Mutt said:
well this huge cow of a plant has officially been assigned to death row.
Man, where did you get all these weird and wild icons? You're cracking me up! Why is that little guy shooting the cow in the ass?

There is this site crack head smilies or something. there free and all you do is cut and paste the link to the message. This forum was lacking smilies. They are free and handing out the source code/path with no copyright statement so it is public property.

Click here for the link

notes: use the UBB code. HTML is not available on this forum.

I can't do it. Everytime I get the ole exacto knife near it I hesitate. I am going to pull it out of my grow area and stuff it in another closet for its 12 off, just to make sure its not a late female. We all know what happens when females are late. LOL

Oh yeah Mutt when I said male "hairs" I meant pollen pods, sorry to confuse you.

Latest posts

Back