What to do?

skunkbunk

Weed A.I.
Reaction score
Hey guys, i posted here yesterday about needing a possible ballast for a 400MH Floodlight. I found upon opening this light that the ballast is internal so i am hooked on that end. I wired it all up last night and cranked er up out on my deck. After about 15 minutes i checked the heat factor by placing my hand a few inches from the glass. It wasn't as hot as i thought it would be. Six inches away and it felt a bit warm. Now after it ran for a few more minutes and i unplugged it, it seemed like that outer jacket of the light got fairly hot. If i place this unit in my basement, what precautions do i need in place to insure that i won't be visited by my local NYFD. It is a sealed unit so would simply keeping a oscillating fan on it keep it cooler? I am planning on installing a Ventilation fan to remove air from the grow area and another to pull cooler air in. Should this come from an Outside source or can i pull air from my home. There is an old vent that leads to my second floor pantry that i could pull air from. I just don't want extremely cold air entering my setup and it is getting colder by the day up in the North. SB.:confused:

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

IMHO the best thing you can do is get a smoke alarm and a fire extinguisher. It is always a good thing to be safe. ;)
skunkbunk said:
Hey guys, i posted here yesterday about needing a possible ballast for a 400MH Floodlight. I found upon opening this light that the ballast is internal so i am hooked on that end. I wired it all up last night and cranked er up out on my deck. After about 15 minutes i checked the heat factor by placing my hand a few inches from the glass. It wasn't as hot as i thought it would be. Six inches away and it felt a bit warm. Now after it ran for a few more minutes and i unplugged it, it seemed like that outer jacket of the light got fairly hot. If i place this unit in my basement, what precautions do i need in place to insure that i won't be visited by my local NYFD. It is a sealed unit so would simply keeping a oscillating fan on it keep it cooler? I am planning on installing a Ventilation fan to remove air from the grow area and another to pull cooler air in. Should this come from an Outside source or can i pull air from my home. There is an old vent that leads to my second floor pantry that i could pull air from. I just don't want extremely cold air entering my setup and it is getting colder by the day up in the North. SB.:confused:

skunkbunk

Weed A.I.
Reaction score
Thanks. Any answers to my ventilation question, House air or outside air?

ROOR

Pot Nerd
Reaction score
That realy depends on your climate....your trying to keep temps in the 70s....If you can route fresh air from outide keeping the temps good, by all means I would go that route first, but if not, tap into the hvac system.

Latest posts