What type of magnifier are you using for buds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 40x is fine. I had a 30x led lit jewelers loupe that worked but was not quite strong enough. Several use the 60x and like them. I ffind that the stronger the magnification is, the harder it is to hole it still.

I use the same one as sawhse. I got it for like 3 bucks free shipping off ebay.

I just bought one like this and I like it. I used a 30x for years but I like this 40x a little better.

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/40x-Handle-Microscope-with-Illuminant-Reading-Number-Microscope-Magnifier-/111059669714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dbac12d2

I've been using a 30x for years. I think that it is time to get a 40x--these old lady eyes aren't getting any better with the years.

I have three of those that Saw put up. I even have back up batteries... LOVE IT.

I just bought one of these...

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2MP-8-LED-USB-2-0-Digital-Microscope-Endoscope-Magnifier-40X-800X-w-Driver-/110747608280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c91264d8

Pretty cool looking. I don't expect the image to be good at 400x but at 40x it might be OK. And, I can plug it in to my tablet or phone and not have to bent over and remove my old man glasses and get my eye down on the little eyepiece.

I don't want to say that's difficult to do but , uh, er ..ahh.

We'll see how it works.

Hackman, I bought something similar for a friend of mine years ago. He got some great pics of my buds. And the computer thing--what a bonus...not that we're getting old or anything....:rolleyes:

LOL Old? Who? LOL

It was pretty cheap so I don't expect much. Might be fun. Just another toy.....

Its not so much the age as it is the milage. I am only 50 but I have put to many "off-road" miles on my body, and not its telling on me.

Hackerman; Just looked at that scope. That's pretty cool. I will definitely have to get me one of those :)

Latest posts

Back