what type of soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROOR

Pot Nerd
Reaction score
1. What types of potting soil do you guys use/prefer?

2. What else are you adding to the mix?

.I guess its because its harder to regulate?????
That's exactly "it", roor.
"Time released" is almost impossible to flush, too.
I like Black Gold or Fox Farms Ocean 'n Forest. Check a local nursery or garden center. One that "does it for a living", not the big chain store garden sections.
Look, ask for an organic soil with ammendments like worm castings, shrimp meal, kelp, guano, ect. You'll probably find them a bit more expensive than the chain stores, but the rewards are worth it.."IMHO"..
A quality organic mix will supply plants for several weeks before organic fertilizers are needed, and are far more forgiving to inexperienced grower mistakes.

thanks a ton...

BTW-Is that your real pic in the avatar?

ROOR said:
thanks a ton...I will check them out tomorrow...I dont mind spending the money to get those beautiful luscious ladies...:) I know soil is crucial and should not be skimped on...I can always take the miracle grow back to lowes, Im there everyday anyway it seems...:) Thanks Hick

BTW-Is that your real pic in the avatar?

Please do not use MG soil, it will cause way more issues then its worth.....take it back to lowes and head over to a hydroponic store and they will hook you up..

Nope, that is a picture of my brother. He's the "good looking" one of the family.

I'll tell ya from experience.. Don't use cheap time-released soil.. I wasted enough bucks on it..
For the budget minded I've found potting soil from Hortibec (Home Depot) to be pretty good.
But if you can aford a higher priced soil like Foxfarm then do so.

BTW
I have experimentd with broken up pieces of styrofoam in the bottom of pots for drainage. I first thought it would rise up through the soil and be a problem but it stayed in place and worked great..

Latest posts

Back