What was that problem you never saw coming when you decided to go indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyEye

Reaction score
So, i'll confess, i haven't taken the first tep yet and started growing my first plant, why?
Guys, to be honest I don't want to mess up. I have little resources and can't afford making avoidable mistakes 😟 I would appreciate if you could tell me those problems you never considered were going to be problems until you were already there... The most i can prevent, the most grateful i'll be with you! My space is an Attic, i have a couple of windows and a nearby water supply... I've found out that the heat could be a problem, some ideas about this? Or other problem i should be mindfull about?

Heat. Required ventilation. Attics are hot, grow lights are hot, way more than most anticipate. Set up your idea and run without plants, just run it and monitor heat and humidity. Go from there.

Bubba

I ran a grow room in my cellar, and fed the heat into the chimney stack, since heat detected by an infra-red camera on a passing helicopter is plausible coming from a chimney - less so from attic windows, which could speak eloquently of your activities. If your attic gives you access to the chimney stack., I´d be taking a brick out and piping your exhaust into it.
And don´t be afraid of messing up, we all do it, and every time it has something to teach you.

So, i'll confess, i haven't taken the first tep yet and started growing my first plant, why?
Guys, to be honest I don't want to mess up.
Unfortunately, you will make mistakes and there will be problems. That's how you learn.
I think your main challenge will be maintaining the correct growing environment in the tent as the conditions change outside the tent at different times of the year. Other than that, start with good soil and nutes and don't overdo.

There are to many strains to choose from and some are a little hard to grow for your first time. I grew Lemon Haze that got really tall and I didn't train it very well. Come to find out all hazes grow crazy like that. So, I wish I had tried a strain everyone was growing with success.

I'm on my first grow.
The only thing I wish I would have known before I started is that this is just like having kids.
I'm stuck here at home this summer because you just cant pick and leave for a 2 week vacation if you want.
If you got the time, just jump in.
Dirt, water, temp...good to go.

Latest posts

Back