What Works Well For Me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL--Rosebud, I was just going to mention that. I have a bit of your Satori left and I have some of my Satori. I am not sure that anyone could tell the difference between them. It all gets down to personal preference and what works for YOU. I am a water baby--I prefer hydro and do better with it. Rosebud is an organic dirt farmer and probably always will be--that is what works best for her. Some people like soil and some people like hydro. Some people use chemical nutes, some use organic nutes. It really doesn't matter--people should just do what works best for them, as there truly is not a single growing style that is superior to all others.

DWC person here. Grew in soil for many years but "converted" 5 or 6 years ago. Only time I use soil now is for keeping a mother alive. Doubt I'll ever turn back. As others said things are easy to monitor and you can tweak things instantly.

I don't use airstones in my DWC buckets. They're dirty things and constantly get blocked. If one stone is a little blocked then that bucket gets less air than the others. I glue aquarium suckers for holding airline onto bottom of bucket. I just connect a T to end of airline and clip it to bottom of bucket. Works a dream, airflow is equal for all buckets and never gets clogged. Amount of air bubbles in the water makes no difference. Its surface tension of the water being broken that oxygenates the water. Read that info on overgrow years ago. Haven't used an airstone since and never will again.

I don't use airstones in my DWC buckets. They're dirty things and constantly get blocked.

lol, no no no :D

I have airstones I've used for years, that work just as good as day one. After a run, soak them in a water + H202 solution, and you're good to go. Now, this being said.. BUY QUALITY AIR STONES. If you're buying Walmart crap, yes.. I can see your issues! If your airstone floats, you've bought the wrong airstone.

4" cylindrical stones are amazing and I have yet to have one fail me. :aok:

elemental-o2-cylinder-stone-4-inch-2.jpg

Next time try without an airstone Doc. You'd be very surprised. If you do a bit of googling you'll find loads of growers who swear by not using them ;-)

I very much follow a breeder that does just that. He floods and drains, so the flow back is all the "aeration" he needs, he says.

I believe the more air the happier the roots. Of course too MUCH air, and you start air pruning the roots, but that takes a LOT of air to do!!! :D

I would never do DWC without air stones, but I would flood and drain without them. :aok:

Well, I have been successful using hydro or dirt, either is fine with me. Dirt has it's own feel as does hydro...and I like them both....I'm not going to bite on the flush or taste thing, that's really subjective and I prefer to deal in facts.

Latest posts

Back