What Would You Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harvester

old dog with new tricks
Reaction score
someone has offered me $350 a month plus 40% of the harvest to grow weed for him he will supply the lights and materials plus we both have clones to start it up. he wants to build a 5x10 closet in my loft that has 12 ft high celings and put in 2- 600 watt hps lights what would you do???

Keep my own herb going and keep partners outa it.
Or if its a med peep, I would only charge what the overhead of the grow is. No profit.

I personally Would do it because thats me :hubba: . But I think you should make a descision like this on your own,lol.;) Also, do you live in a resedential area or are you isloated from other homes?

just make sure, your friend is :

1. Trust worthy
2. Can keep his mouth shut. TELL NO ONE, not his wife his friends anybody.
3. Look #2
4. Look #2

i can't emphasize how important NOBODY knows you grow.

all it takes is one loose lip, a grudge, jealousy, for jokes, call to the cops
and your life gets turned upside down.

goodluck

:yeahthat:

Agree totally 100%. No one knows I grow, cept' my comrades on here (and probably the place I bought all my gear from ;)).

If you have the slightest doubt, think it over. Usually your first instinct is right, though you don't always want to beleive it.
If you already grow and no one knows then good. Keep it that way.

If you do already grow, and in this situation sounds like to me you want to help a friend out, plus have a bonus supply of greens, then I wouldn NOT. Not at my place, theirs maybe.
Like they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you don't currently grow, then there would be something to consider.

Best of luck my friend.

you've already broken the prime rule by letting someone else know about your grow,

honestly you think it will be ok and this person you can trust, but inevitable it will bite you on the ***, only people who reside within your household are entitled to know about it

nothing good ever comes of telling someone else about your grow and where it is, the biggest mistake any grower can make.

There is a reason he wants to build it IN YOUR PLACE.

Trust me, partnerships in the underground like this DON'T WORK. Especially when there is money involved. Say you harvest and smoke a couple grams, do you have to pay him for that?

There are a thousand questions like this that HAVE to be answered in order for it to be a success. All it takes is for him to get erk'd at one thing, then you'll be paranoid as hell from there on out.

Also, in partnerships like this, paranoia is a VIRUS. It can start out very small, and the next thing you know, you're having bad dreams everynight. Been there done that. DON'T DO IT!

Spending even $1500 of your own money is well worth the price of the secret known only to yourself. That $350 a month won't mean jack crap to you if/when you get hauled away in handcuffs.

Don't like the sound of it myself. If I were growing for somebody else, I'd soon stop loving the plant. The best part is that I'm doing it for me.

Fadeux and Runbyhemp are dead-on IMO.

Why would he want YOU to grow at YOUR house for him? Answer: Because it's your *** and not his, he's got zero to lose. You have no leverage against him if he decides to rat you out.

For the kind of money you are talking it's not even close to worth losing your freedom. Why risk it? Do the damn thing for yourself and keep 100% of the harvest if your going to do it all. Again, just my opinion.

wow didn't know most of you were doign this without a medical card to back you up lol. For me it's all good, even if someone calls the cops i am legal to grow.

but are you legal to sell? if your friend is selling his share , you may go down too.

i agree with mutt 100% partners are bad news. trust me fresh out means fresh out.

Growing is a solo operation my friend. Keep it under your hat and nobody will ever know. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Hydro said:
wow didn't know most of you were doign this without a medical card to back you up lol.

Who said that?

Hydro said:
For me it's all good, even if someone calls the cops i am legal to grow.

You might want to look further into the medical MJ laws. You are legal in your state according to the STATE. The Federal Government has quite a different opinion on the matter. Be safe friend, and don't boast about your "legal" status. Just my .02

Hydro said:
wow didn't know most of you were doign this without a medical card to back you up lol. For me it's all good, even if someone calls the cops i am legal to grow.

Umm, NO ONE in the country is legal to grow except a university in mississippi. For a "card carrier" you sure don't seem to have your facts straight.

Fadeux said:
Umm, NO ONE in the country is legal to grow except a university in mississippi. For a "card carrier" you sure don't seem to have your facts straight.

Wanna bet? :hubba:

I think if you take money out of the equation and throw out the expected percentage by giving what is needed and taking what is needed and eliminate greed you should be fine.

Or it is too risky.

Crazy Horse said:
Wanna bet? :hubba:

Sure, it's an anoynomous Pot growers forum. Not a tough bet to welch on if I lose. :)

Regardless of ANY marijuana laws in ANY state, the federal laws political name them. The feds classify marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug. Meaning No medical value. The DEA doesn't recognize californias laws.

I just watched a "Dan Rather Reports" on HDnet, and it was said that there is only 1 private company in north america that is legally allowed to farm cannabis. They are based out of Canada, and their security is required to be twice that of the facilities experimenting with the ebola virus.

In the US, there are still a handful of Federal Marijuana Patients. (less than 10) They still recieve cannabis from the federal government, and it is grown at a college in mississippi. That info is courtesy of several docs I've watched on the subject.

So, whats the bet? And what is your side? Don't get me wrong, you may be right, but I would really like to know how. A cardholder in CA can legally grow their own pot, but only according to CA, NOT according to the federal government. So it may be legal in cali, but not in the eyes of uncle sam.

Oh, and I just wanted to add to something I said to the OP earlier.

This guy is offering you money because he is buying his own freedom. The money that he gives you is directly related to the risks that you will be taking personally. Reverse the situation, why would you pay someone the same amount for the same circumstances? I wouldn't. Why? I like growing. Its pleasurable for me. Sounds like this guy just wants to make a buck. Thats not good karma. (I don't even believe in karma, but we'll get to that one later)

His motives are out of wack, and you are asking total strangers on the internet if it's a good idea. You've answered your own question. I just hope in one year you are proud of yourself for making the right choice, as opposed to regretting a choice that you knew was stupid from the start.

Best of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back