What you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris628

Reaction score
Hello all. I been working with a new strain called Meow. It's been giving me alot of issues from the get-go.

Im late into vegg and transplanted into 5gal pots preparing for flip and BAM they all start turning neon yellow on me. I asked my buddy he says it's a pH issue. I been growing here for about 2 years now but never had anything like this happen really. So I got a pH test thing from the fish store and my tap is reading like 7.6 or something crazy. I also am noticing my other strain of Sour Punch that I just transplanted are a few days behind but also starting to turn. All my plants that I haven't transplanted yet all seem fine in comparison so not sure what is happening. Thoughts?

IMG_20200829_190830.jpg
pH Test

IMG_20200828_184000.jpg
4 Meows

IMG_20200828_184008.jpg
Closeup of one

IMG_20200830_005851.jpg
Sour Punch StartingIMG_20200830_005914.jpg
White Widows waiting for transplant

Well i can tell you 7.6 is way to high. Between 6.5 and 6.8 is where you need to be in soil. You have locked out the needed nutrients with a PH that high. You need to test your runoff and see what the PH is but 1st you need to PH your water down to what i said above. Without that being fixed adding nutes will do no good.

I have a PH pen and pool testing kit. Ive used both with no problems. Make sure if your using a pool test kit to put a white piece of paper behind the kit to get a better color reading on the chart.
The pens are more accurate but you need to make sure you keep them calibrated.

So was testing the water and it looks like my tap is 7.2 pH. But once I add my nutrients then the pH is at 6.6. That doesn't seem that high really for these to all get a lockout like this. Could there be another issue I'm not seeing?

IMG_20200903_192751.jpg
Updated shot from 2 days ago.

So,how are the ones that you have not
transplanted yet look?As opposed to these.Seems strange that this came after transplanting.Did you change soils as well?Or the same mix?
I do agree that ph monitoring is a must,and you should see results there,but keep in mind too it can take a little new growth to see results.Not to many magic bullets that green-em up over night.

Latest posts

Back