Giggys what you listening to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's the stories, brother louie
What's that son that goes
"Louie, Louie, Louie,
Louie, Louie, Lou-eye
Louie never caused a scene.....
" I don't want no honky's in my town "
Etc - it's driving me nuts fishing around for the song & title in my head. 🤪😭😭😭

Do you have Cricklewood Green?

Yes I do, a bunch of Alvin Lee as well

(((Off subject, but if u have a chance get
your hands on the Circus Circus video Rolling Stones 1968 😳
Quote—
“This film documents a 1968 performance from rock legends the Rolling Stones, the Who, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and others. Mick Jagger's girlfriend, folkie Marianne Faithfull, also sings. The unconventional concert takes place in a carnival-like setting, and the musicians don outlandish apparel to match the garish backdrop. Jagger acts as the ringmaster and introduces the bands, and a collaborative blues set by Lennon, Clapton and Stones guitarist Keith Richards is also featured.”

What's that son that goes
"Louie, Louie, Louie,
Louie, Louie, Lou-eye
Louie never caused a scene.....
" I don't want no honky's in my town "
Etc - it's driving me nuts fishing around for the song & title in my head. 🤪😭😭😭
She was black as the night
Louie was whiter than white
Danger, danger when you taste brown sugar
Louie fell in love overnight
Nothing bad, it was good
Louie had the best girl he could
When he took her home
To meet his mama and papa
Louie knew just where he stood
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
Louie Louie you're gonna cry
There he stood in the night
Knowing what's wrong from what's right
He took her home to meet his mama and papa
Man, he had a terrible fright
Louie nearly caused a scene
Wishin' it was a dream
Ain't no diff'rence if you're black or white
Brothers, you know what I mean
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie

Yes I do, a bunch of Alvin Lee as well

(((Off subject, but if u have a chance get
your hands on the Circus Circus video Rolling Stones 1968 😳
Quote—
“This film documents a 1968 performance from rock legends the Rolling Stones, the Who, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and others. Mick Jagger's girlfriend, folkie Marianne Faithfull, also sings. The unconventional concert takes place in a carnival-like setting, and the musicians don outlandish apparel to match the garish backdrop. Jagger acts as the ringmaster and introduces the bands, and a collaborative blues set by Lennon, Clapton and Stones guitarist Keith Richards is also featured.”
Yep - got that one.
I loved the stones stuff up to around beggars banquet but not much after that.
Gotta lot of Alvin Lee too

She was black as the night
Louie was whiter than white
Danger, danger when you taste brown sugar
Louie fell in love overnight
Nothing bad, it was good
Louie had the best girl he could
When he took her home
To meet his mama and papa
Louie knew just where he stood
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
There he stood in the night
Knowing what's wrong from what's right
He took her home to meet his mama and papa
Man, he had a terrible fright
Louie nearly caused a scene
Wishin' it was a dream
Ain't no diff'rence if you're black or white
Brothers, you know what I mean
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
Louie Louie Louie, Louie
Louie Louie Louie Louie Lou-I
Louie Louie Louie
That's the one
Muchas gracias - another great song. First time I heard that was on FM radio anchored in the bay at Kuwait.
Despite being an Arab nation they had great music radio stations.
All 24 hours on stereo FM, with no DJ or interruptions.
One was totally rock, another totally C&W, another totally classical and a couple of others too. Cassette player recorders were pretty new back then and because it was an extremely busy port we were often at anchor for many days - sometimes weeks, before we got our turn to go alongside & discharge our cargo. I recorded tons of stuff in high quality (I was working for Kuwait Shipping)

I recorded "Lily, The King, and The Jack Of Hearts" in that same anchorage & loved it so much that I listened to it time after time and slowly transcribed the lyrics. I was blown away by that song but didn't find out it was Bod Dylan until a couple of months later once I was home on leave.
Thanks again - also for the memories - this is a GREAT thread.
I think it was you earlier who remarked that weed & music go together like a horse and carriage.
True words there.

Following this on my android tablet - battery almost dead have to charge, I'll return later meantime I wonder if there's a video of brother Louie.?

This is music. I love it. I am a drummer but my arthritis doesn’t help. I just got this strain from my buddy never heard of called sweet tooth. Wow it really soothes joints. I am amazed how different strains help. Keep rocking out. Thanks to you all for helping me. I am no longer taking pills. Please anyone let me know any other strain for my arthritis I will super appreciate it. Thanks
Nukeheads P
Great track - Not intending to harp on nostalgia here but in and around the 60's there was /is so much GOOD music with attention grabbing lyrics and instrumental playfulness, that there came to be a powerful feeling that music really could change the world.
It didn't happen, (idealism rarely does) - but its provided a source of light and hope for millions.
One other thing - grateful thanks to the person who started this thread (think it was giggy?) because its a great place to find introductions to music and artists whom you may not have known about or listened to before.
Remember - variety (and weed) are the spice of life. 😊
Actually, here in the USA it did happen, at the time. The Country's opinion on the Vietnam "war" changed 180 degrees from grass roots movements. Today? Time for another Noahs Ark sized flood....

Bubba

Latest posts

Back