What you think this is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
So these are White Russians in my new stealth cabinets. They have been in soil now for 2 weeks. They were rooted in an aeroponic cloner Where they were subjected to too much light, and the lower leaf tips show some yellowing and burning.

I have been noticing these necrotic patches on them since I first potted them, but I waited to see if the new growth would show the same thing. As you can see from the pics, there is still some lighter mottling occuring on the younger leaves.

I have had them under 30k lumens T5 about 18" away from them for the past 2 weeks. They are fully rooted and get nuted water 560ppm and PH of 5.9. They are in coco and light is on 24/7. Temps at were swinging from low 70s at night to mid 80s during the day, for 2-3 days last week, but this week the temps have been lower, getting into the low 60s at night and mid 70s during the day. Water temps have stayed in the upper 60s.

Whatcha think? :watchplant:

WR10-5-2011.JPG

WR10-5-2011a.JPG

I can't help you in the diagnosis but i love your set-up. I've seen full grown WR and they are beautiful plants, can't wait to see how you make out.:D

I do not believe that too much light caused that, although too much heat could have. I would be looking for another problem....unless you had them very close to a large wattage HID.

My partner did the cuttings on these and had them under an 8 bulb 4'T5 fixture while they were in the cloner. He had the lights about 6" above them. That's 40k of 6500k light on clones, and when I got em they were burnt on the tips.

I put them under about 15k lumens 1' away for a few days before putting them into this cabinet under 30k lumens about 1' away. They have picked up and started growing but I noticed the brown mottling and some lighter coloring around the outer parts of the newer leaves. It kind of looks like a deficiency starting but not sure. :watchplant:

Are you using something for coco ? Some kind of enzimes ? My bet would be Mag or Calcium.

looks to me like for some reason they aint gettin enough N. Is the medium too wet ?
Too much cal mag maybe ?

i agree with THG an roddy, this was not caused by too much light although the heat (upper 80's , 90's) could have done that.

what do you give them 560ppm of ? tap water ?
i dont think it would hurt at all to back off the food for 2 or 3 waterings just to see if it progresses or gets better. my opinion says thats not enough food to hurt them but its worth a try.

soil

Thanks Guys. I actually looked at them today after not seeing them for 2 days and I noticed all the new leaves are looking back to normal. The girls have really taken off growing also. They have easily added 2 inches in 2 days. The lighter color on the younger leaves from the pics has disappeared and the newer leaves look fine. I think it may have been a little bit of deficiency early on that has straightened out since I started feeding them. :)

Latest posts

Back