What you'll need to build a $6,000 High-Pressure Aeroponic System (Out-door)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomTune

Reaction score
After about a year of trial and error (And spending a small fortune), it looks like its finally going to work.
A High-pressure Areoponic system that won't clog in the Australian Outback climate. However, the Water pump and Solenoid valve still need their own sound-proof boxes. Something which hasn't been included in the guide yet. While its not up and running yet, given the equipment, an Organic-based Reservoir for Aeroponics should be plausible, even in the West Australian (Semi-desert) climate. Please tell me your own experiences with building a High-pressure (5 - 6 bar) Aeroponics system. Has anyone else tried to grow Dwarf Trees in 200L Drums?

This guide doesn't account for lighting and Grow-tents. Perhaps you may like to include these things in your own version of the shopping list. The list can be downloaded or viewed on Google Drive
It has also been attached to this post as a .pdf

Attachments

• Aeroponic System.pdf
    938.5 KB · Views: 54
What's up Boom ?-- Welcome to MP -- Always good to have another Aussie in the house !-- There's not many that will attempt growing weed in Aero !-- I might be the only one around here !-- It's not the high pressure thing U talk about but aero it is and cheap to build !-- In the pic U can see My aero boxes with the pump assembly sitting on top !-- The most frustrating thing about aero is clogged micro sprayers -I have a filtered 396 gallon per hour pump glued to a ceramic tile for stability with a PVC spray manifold !-- Without a filter aero is a pain-- microsprayers get plugged easily -- Filter eliminates that problem!
My cost ?-- About $50 (us) to build !--
20180913_121239.jpg

"Low-Pressure Aeroponics"
Cheap, but it sounds effective. Although its not so easy if your living on the edge of a desert (West Australia). Anything with a Reservoir needs a full-blown water chiller ($500), otherwise even nozzles like that will get clogged. Although, I've only ever used organic (Compost tea, basically) fertilizer. Its a thick liquid that smells like Vegemite. I chose this because I hear people have less problems with disease when they don't use concentrated nutrients. Looking at what you've done, I can't help but seriously question my own methods. I didn't want to just do what everyone else was doing. I wanted to be a Pioneer, someone who not only set an example, but managed to grow an entire tree in Aeroponics.

Boom it is a cheap system !-- I live in the coastal badlands of southern Texas -- I know hot !--Everything is salty so I have to use reverse osmosis water -- Heat I know about !--100+ degrees for maybe 6 months of the year ( close to 50 C ?) !-- I start a Bloom box with about 12 US gallons of nute water !-- I run a live res and also have to run LEDS to cut down on the dreaded heat --A small window AC unit work's it's *** off to keep it in the mid 70s --- I plan on making my own tea when I set back up !-- I'm moving and got the grow tore down right now -- Anyway I can run a 2 month bloom cycle without
Changing my res. -- Only topping off with water !-- With those 2 inch grow spots I have to keep the plants small or they fall over when the get top heavy with bud !-- There's 7 rows of 5 grow spots in each -- I use one for pump cord and air stone tubing !-- The thing about heat is the pump!-- It'll heat your res up if U run it constantly-- I run mine 15 minutes on -15 off !-- The air stones are just to move fresh air thru the boxes for the roots !-- With the heat I am lucky to keep my res temp in the mid 70s !-- I hit 80 I get White slime on the roots !-- It can be done !

Last edited by a moderator:
Boom -- About keeping a res from heating up too much U can use that reusable ice substitute one brand name is "Blu Ice"-- U can freeze them and drop them in your res !-- I did for awhile changing them out morning and evening !--U can keep a res cool enough !-- For me it turned out adding a few more gallons of nute water stabilized the heat well enough !

The biggest reason for why the last crop failed, is because the nozzles kept clogging. I did actually try putting in a 2L bottle of frozen water. 10min later, it'd completely thawed and it barely made 1° of difference. And this was in a 70L tote covered in insulation cloth.

This time around, in addition to the water chiller, I've bought a $600 in-line filter (130µ screen) that's about as big as my leg. By opening the drain valve, the filter can be cleaned without having to take it out. You can read more about it in the updated version of the guide. It now includes the copper tubing parts which keep the reservoir and chiller water separate.

Scanaway%20Filter-500x500.jpg

Attachments

• Aeroponic System.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back