What your JOB ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brouli

Reaction score
ok guys what do u do for living ???

i'm an architect and you ??

I sit around getting high all day... mess around with the plants... harass people in "my" forum (here)... watch tv (movies mostly), or listen to music.... oh... and I drink a lot too :p

rough, eh? :D :cool:

Lots of things I "used" to do, Now I am Executive Manager of Two Homes on Wheels, One Two Story Monstrosity, One Indoor Garden, and Am a Perpetual Visitor to this Planet. Oh, and Member of a Fantastic Growing MJ Forum.

... I'll have you know... I worked and earned my own money for 31 years, and was a construction electrician for 22 of them (contract for last 2 of them)

I just looked at the condition I was putting myself thru, and said, "Hey!... 'ta Hell with that crap!... I'm not gunna run myself into the ground any more..." I already set myself up to be retired, so I did... I just don't have any extra cash on me to live it up...but at least I don't have to work... so I don't....

That crazy vancouver guy said:
... I'll have you know... I worked and earned my own money for 31 years, and was a construction electrician for 22 of them (contract for last 2 of them)

I just looked at the condition I was putting myself thru, and said, "Hey!... 'ta Hell with that crap!... I'm not gunna run myself into the ground any more..." I already set myself up to be retired, so I did... I just don't have any extra cash on me to live it up...but at least I don't have to work... so I don't....

Geez TCVG, you musta started earning money YOUNG!!

I'm a natural resource professional.

No one hires girls, and you can get fired for being one (i was).

So, i focus my knowledge on the ganj and keeping hubby happy.

We also perform sacred and early music....

LOL--I do a lot of what TCVG does--hehehe.

As for what I do for a living...there are few enough women who are employed in the field I am in that I am not comfortable with it on a public forum either.

I am not famous like SmokinMom though :p .

and u are right im younger than u and i dont wont to work thats why im in process of opening automobile import company here in states, so hopefully im not going to work soon :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I do a lot of what TCVG does--hehehe.

As for what I do for a living...there are few enough women who are employed in the field I am in that I am not comfortable with it on a public forum either.

I am not famous like SmokinMom though :p .

I wonder if there's a correlation between female growers and women who choose unconventional (extraordinarily male-dominated) careers.

Have you ever been in an interview and told you were "too pretty to work there" because it's an "all male environment"? One of the meanest things i've ever been told....

...and I'm love'n it :D ... as I sit here and watch all the morons try to leave for work this morning, with a foot and a half of snow covering the roads:hubba: :D :rofl:.... all the brothers of the east indian family are out there pushing cars and getting nowhere fast... :rofl:... glad I'm not working out in below freezing weather any more... 22 years was long enough, I'd say....

Good for You TCVG, My husband is in the same boat, putting himself thru a bunch of **** (learned a new job this last year) and will be retiring early in about three years. Wish he could say to "hell with it" now, but he says there are a couple more toys he wants before he retires. I retired years ago....Doc told me to.

Interesting thot GMCORP, when I did work, I was a lumber mill worker (70's), Deck hand/Fish Grader in SouthEastern Alaska (80"s), Bartender (90's). I know one other female here was also a Lumber Mill worker. Affrimative Action at it's best.

tcbud said:
Interesting thot GMCORP, when I did work, I was a lumber mill worker (70's), Deck hand/Fish Grader in SouthEastern Alaska (80"s), Bartender (90's). I know one other female here was also a Lumber Mill worker. Affrimative Action at it's best.

LOL. Those were the days, eh? I came of age at a different time. In this economy, no one hires a tiny woman when they can get a big man at the same price for that kind of job. No matter the credentials or education or what you worked so hard for, for so long. If you're lucky enough to get hired, you have to prove yourself every day, push your body harder to keep up, deal with the cat calls, the "sweetheart, dear, darlin, baby" comments....(which are welcome on this kind of forum, but annoying in the professional world...)

oy. i'm disenchanted with the working world.

Still, so interesting that the lumber mills have called to so many of us ganja gardeners....

GMCORP said:
I wonder if there's a correlation between female growers and women who choose unconventional (extraordinarily male-dominated) careers.

Have you ever been in an interview and told you were "too pretty to work there" because it's an "all male environment"? One of the meanest things i've ever been told....

You may have something there. LOL--I have never been told I was "too pretty" to work somewhere, but I have been told that I was not getting a promotion I put in for because I has a woman (manager of the hardware dept at Sears in the mid 70s), although I was the most qualified. In the early 80s I took a stockbroker's exam known as the Series 7 exam. I was the only woman in a group of about 250 men. In the early 90s I embarked on an entirely different career. There were only 2 other women who were in the same field I am in where I used to live--a metro area with over 1/2 million people. Hehehe--I am rather an oddity in the little tiny mountain community where I live.:hubba:

I have a few bad habits that require some maintenance/effort (cigarettes, alcohol). I grow mj in the garage and occasionally distill a little moonshine. I go fishing and shooting a lot. Sometimes I take out the garbage or walk the dogs (but never both on the same day). Oh yeah, I work out 3x/week.

I used to work on Wall Street but that seems so long ago, now :hubba: I have a Series 7 license. Series 63, too :D

Latest posts

Back