Whats an organic source of nitrogen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
My leaves are not bright green but yellow.
I have organic potting soil w Espoma {3/4 cups} a 3 gallon pot and she wants nitrogen. I don't have Espoma to add till I get paid but have a 55 gallon barrel of 6 month old chicken manure! Supposed to be 1% nitrogen, I'll try that tomorrow but can anyone off hand, think of an easy, 'laying around the house', sort of nitrogen I could give her till I get my next check in?

Thank you...

The Poet...

How bout either use a chicken **** tea or just top dress with the oldest chicken ****.

How many times can i type chicken ****?

You are using Espoma what? Espoma makes tons of different types of things....Bio-Tone, Plant-Tone, Tomato-Tone, Flower-Tone, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Rock Phosphate, etc, etc.

Three quarters cup of Espoma Bio-Tone (for example) in a 3 gal pot should be plenty to last your plant for a little bit. Bio-Tone calls for adding a cup of Bio-Tone to a cubic foot of soil (7.5 gal) when adding to potting mixes, so you added plenty. So maybe before we just go adding nitrogen we should really figure out if that is what you need--yellowing leaves can indicate other things. How old/big is your plant? How long ago did you add the Espoma? What Espoma product are you using? Any chance we can get a picture?

Hemp Goddess,

Hi, I'm growing 2 month old Krystalicas in 3/4 cup of Espoma 'Garden tone'
mixed in 'Empire Builder' organic soil which already has organic NPP included. I thought that it should be enough fertilizer for vegging.
{I mixed it in 2 months ago}

Just now I watered with Molasses and Chicken manure tea. And I pulled the yellow leaves off revealing new growth! Only the old leaves are yellow, the rest of the plant is alright. Not as green as the TCH Bomb but acceptable.

I have 'Canna Bio-Flores' for flowering and remember the last crop I attempted was an exercise in over fertilizing and over watering. This crop is to be an exercise in under fertilizing and watering. The 5 Bombs are flowering and the 4 Krystalica are at 11" 17", 17", 17' almost ready to flower.
I have managed to get 3 living Bomb clones from 12 taken, Bomb doesn't clone well but I don't have to buy more seeds.
The Krystalica are coming along as are their clones and the 6 Satori seedlings are doing well.
Bombs were flipped 2 weeks ago at 2' and Krystalica is about to be flipped. The Satori need a couple of months to grow and then I should have clones from all three strains. The most important aspect of this crop is to get a full set of clones. I am getting used to each strain and will study them well.
Next crop will be Satori and I'm not going to split the tops till they are above the 6th node. I'm learning.

Oh! and my camera wore out 8-9 years ago and I need another.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Human urine.
P let sit for 24. Dilute with water. Use sparingly.

Chicken **** is hot...a compost ( mushroom cow horse rabbit) tea for veg. Hotter guanos n bird manure for flower.

My thc Bombs are flowering as are my Krystalica. However with only three clones from the Bombs, could I re-veg one of the Bombs after flowering in order to take more clones without causing them to be inclined to hermie?
Is re-vegging, stressfull enough to cause a plant to hermie? I would like to have more thc Bomb clones.

Thank you

Poet

Latest posts

Back