Whats better 1 or 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemjosh

Long Time Lurker
Reaction score
Heres my deal In my flower room im looking into lighting my question is what would be better 1 400 watt hps or 3 150 watters. My room is 2x4. So i got eight square feet I was thinkin the three would be better since my room is long not square and i could stretch them out across all the tops of my ladies. But im not sure they will have the penetration to really develop the buds. My only previous grows have been with two seventy watters but now im steppin up my game a lil bit.:hubba:

step it up with the 400..take care and be safe

well yield wise is the 400 going to yield more because i can get the 150's for 20 bucks a pop but a 400 is goin to run like 150 bucks

have ya considered the heat???.. are ya going to do cool tubes? IMO..the 400 will run less $$ than the [email protected] right on the spreding the lights out but feel you will have Higher heat issues with those then the 400..

I hve run a 400w in a 2x4 tent before and it worked well.....not as well as a 600w but well.

heat wont be an issue as i have an 5200 btu airconditioner just cooling this 2 by 4 area i know it will cost a bit more but i would have 50 more watts i just want to pick which one could produce more

stemjosh said:
heat wont be an issue as i have an 5200 btu airconditioner just cooling this 2 by 4 area i know it will cost a bit more but i would have 50 more watts i just want to pick which one could produce more

Yield is relative to a whole host of things....light, nutrients, ventilation, type of strain, soil or hydro and most of all IMO the growers skill set.

Jmo

you will have 2000 less lumens with the 3-150watt light. and more heat. So I would go with the 400 watt lights

yes yes i know but im just figureing out the light situation.but fyi gh flora two intake two exaughst and the ac strains are jack 47 blue cheese lemon skunk its a ebb and flow set up

stemjosh said:
yes yes i know but im just figureing out the light situation.but fyi gh flora two intake two exaughst and the ac strains are jack 47 blue cheese lemon skunk its a ebb and flow set up

Well then go with the 400.....like ozzy said more lumens less heat.

Stay safe

alright as heat isnt an issue tho should i throw the 2 seventys i already have in there to on both sides of the 400 just for a lil extra oomph

and does anyone have a website with a killer deal on a 400

cheapest i can find is 149 with free shippin

stemjosh said:
alright as heat isnt an issue tho should i throw the 2 seventys i already have in there to on both sides of the 400 just for a lil extra oomph

If you can take care of the heat then hellll yeah add the 2 70's.....I ran a 600w and a 400w in a 2x4 tent and got great yields....the more lumens the better to a point.

wow thats alot in a small area but thinks alot for all the help. You can all look forward to a nice journal in bout a month gotta get my mommys strong enough to clone.

And still if anyone knows where to find a 400 for a great deal im all ears

Thanks again

stemjosh said:
and does anyone have a website with a killer deal on a 400

cheapest i can find is 149 with free shippin

108 free shipping for just the ballast (electronic).....
150 is as cheap a deal as I see on eBay for a 400w grow light set up.

hxxp://www.virtualsunhydroponics.com/Agricultural/products/VS400WRMS.asp?rt=2

includes timer, hangers and both bulbs....

I got my 2 400w MH/HPS from Amazon and it was only $144 w/free shiping each. They come with hangers, both bulbs, the digital ballast, the hood, a timer, and all the eye hooks needed to hang them. I thought it was a great deal.

If heat is not an isue why not go with a 600 Watt?

Amazon also has a 400W with a cool tube (which I would recommend) for under $150.

Latest posts

Back