What's causing this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with shortbus. Even RO water rarely registers 0. And water from wells, springs, underground sources generally tend to be teaming with dissolved solids. Not to imply that you weren't being truthful, just that something is wrong with the whole picture. As one who works with water all the time and especially non-municipal water, I just found it highly improbable (virtually impossible) that you have a natural source of water with 0 PPMs--it just doesn't happen. This of course now makes us suspicious of the pH readings.

Ok well thanks for the replies. I can't really add anything to help i'm afraid, all I can tell you is what the meters are reading and provide that water analysis, which was done by a geological survey company after the bore hole was put in. The PH reader is definitely calibrated, I can't find the EC calibration fluid at the moment which is annoying. I know very little of chemistry but I know the water is a little unusual, a copper water tank lasts less than 5 years before corroding through, I've had to install a stainless steel one now. And anyone who has blonde hair and washes it here it goes a little green from the copper after a while!

I doubt any of that helps but it's interesting.

So based on the water analysis is there anything that looks like it could cause a problem?

Get an r/o filter and forget about what might be in there. Focus on getting some fresh buffer and calibration solution. Get two points of test not just one thats a ph of 7. try and get 4 or 10 or all three and calibrate with them all to make the meter more accurate.

It does- that and big ph swing can cause it.

Are we discussing his overfert issue or light leak?

He had both. I saw the curl and thought that was his question too at first. Then noticed the sprigs of leaves popping through the buds.

I was talking about the last question he asked about his water quality.

:bong:

It does- that and big ph swing can cause it.

Are we discussing his overfert issue or light leak?

He had both. I saw the curl and thought that was his question too at first. Then noticed the sprigs of leaves popping through the buds.

I was talking about the last question he asked about his water quality.

:bong:
it was hard to tell by the pic i thought he was talking about the claw its all i noticed really
:) cheers

Right I've now calibrated the meters with various calibration points and they are all correct. EC meter was correct anyway and still reads nothing in the tap water. I've just adjusted the PH with some new PH up so will see if that helps. With both my EC meter and the water analysis reading very low EC surely they can't be wrong. I don't understand why I'd want an RO machine?? Isn't that for hard water?

Oh the only leaves that are curling are the weird ones from the re-veg, there's no other sign of overfert, It's only at 1.2ec so shouldn't cause a problem?

If the are still curled its not going to grow out of it those leaves will stay the same . If they started recently there is still a problem. ;)

i have my doubts that ur water is causing ur plants to re-veg---but if u are convinced that is the case---u may consider buying a reverse osmosis waster filter---if i were u---i would also double check for light seeping into the room during the dark period---make sure ur timer is giving u the proper dark period---check ur nutes to be sure u are not feeding excessive N by mistake

IME, too much nitrogen for a lot of sativas or even some sat doms they will show signs as if reveging as stretching of buds, etc.... all without showin any signs of overfert burn that u typical attribute with overfeeding... either way id bet dollars to donuts its dimply doin the reveg thing form too hugh N levels. even with organic soil mixes ive doen back in the days wheile tryin to get my mix right and id have too much N in it I would get this, time to time. like I said mostly wit sat's and sat doms. also could just simply be genetics. is it bagseed by chance. and if so is it some brick shwag bag seed.. if so then prolly some sativa genetics im sure .
also too high of temps in flower can cause excess stretching when they suppose to be fattening up buds. its their way of keepin cool getting more air thru buds to keep cool I imagine

Latest posts

Back