What's going on here? Nute burn, or something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNukeHead

Reaction score
So my ladies are in first week of flower and I'm getting some discoloration on the leaves. I'm pretty sure this is nute burn and flushed them last night. But I just want to make sure I'm not making things worse. Any ideas?

IMG_20210715_081233389.jpg
IMG_20210715_081247791.jpg
IMG_20210715_081357484.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_081233389.jpg
    IMG_20210715_081233389.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210715_081247791.jpg
    IMG_20210715_081247791.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210715_081357484.jpg
    IMG_20210715_081357484.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 27
I must be blind. They look good to me. Maybe a little Magnesium deficiency.

Fox Farms has a Cal Mag that i use.
Thank you! I got some sensi from Advanced Nutrients. Hopefully this will turn some things around. Who knows m maybe even ask uptake in growth from what I've been reading. Just needed a different set of eyes on it.

Don't know what they are, but it looks indica. I find those plants always need Cal Mag for my stuff anyway. Green at first, but if I don't use it from the git-go I get that look.

Start watching PH, that's the next thing up...your cal mag won't be fully available, or mostly locked out until
ph is above 6.6 or so. I find my 6.6 PH RO water PH drops to the 5s when cal mag is added. So "UP' is needed
to raise PH.

Bubba

Fox Farms has a Cal Mag that i use.
Same here, but that advanced nutrient stuff is fine....you would think cal mag is cal mag right-right?
I thought about using some of their flower nutes that claimed they were somehow PH buffered or some such so that you no longer
needed your PH meter, just add to water and use.

I have trouble moving on from things I know work....especially flower nutes....a little late in the game for a mistake! Advanced
Nutrients is a respected outfit and I have heard nothing but praise.

That said I have a big honking bottle of Fox Farms Cal Mag, and Nukeheads flower nutes and I'm cheap sometimes. Not
really all this stuff costs a fortune!

When I got heavy into handloading ammunition it was WAY cheaper per piece for sure. So do you save money? No. It might be more expensive, BUT...I got to shoot a WHOLE lot more!

Bubba

Don't know what they are, but it looks indica. I find those plants always need Cal Mag for my stuff anyway. Green at first, but if I don't use it from the git-go I get that look.

Start watching PH, that's the next thing up...your cal mag won't be fully available, or mostly locked out until
ph is above 6.6 or so. I find my 6.6 PH RO water PH drops to the 5s when cal mag is added. So "UP' is needed
to raise PH.

Bubba
thank you again for the very detailed advice. You really sound like you know what you're talking about and I'm so ears.
I did happen to give them Cal mag for the first time ever yesterday. I had this idea that ask they needed was nutes so I never even have them Cal mag. I feel so stupid now, because it's definitely a big deal from everything I have read now.

Hmmm, havent seen that one, getting to be a lot of products out there. I know you use soiless media, but for me the way soil available nowadays seems pretty well able to carry a plant and 5 gallon pot through veg, I might only buy the Bud type, or just a much smaller amount of veg type to supplement if soil is used up later in flower....depends as always.

Cal mag, veg 4 weeks, flip 12/12 and start flower nutes. Supplement more if deficiency shows? Always hate to deviate from what works. After a while with a strain you sort of learn what it needs and what you can get away with.

Bubba

Sunshine #4 is basically peat moss....nothing in it but a bit of perlite. Happy Frog, Ocean Forest and others do have nutes in them so you could get by on just what is in the soil. Ocean Forest can burn or kill young plants. My plants get NOTHING except what I give them.

By the way, Age Old products have been around forever. I use Age Old Kelp in veg as well. AN Carbo load and epsom salt rounds out my veg nutes/supps. Lot more complicated in flower.

OK, I know what peat is, and I have heard of Sunshine #4 I just never made the connection that #4 was peat. I have heard of people growing in peat, wondered what that was about, now I know!

Bubba

I'm pretty sure at this point it was a cal deficiency. Less than 48 hr later and they are looking very happy, but I unfortunately did have to remove some large fan leaves that were affected.

Latest posts

Back