Whats going on???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
Hello, as you can see from the picture something isnt quite right. The odd thing is that its only this plant out of the 5. the humidity is about 45%, Temp is 26C (77f??), Light is a bit over 12" above plants (150w sodium), Water once a day, no nutrients/fertilizers added yet, soil is Bio Bizz All mix. The only thing i could think that could possibly be causing it is the water. Our water is naturally acidic (around 6.0 ph i think) but i use the same water on all plants and doesn't seem to affect them. Thanks

plant 004.jpg

Am i stupid so knowone wants to reply or is it that knowone actually knows whats going on???:confused:

eeeasy big guy, "IF" all the plants are in identical soil, under identical conditions, it may well simply be a weak plant, or a pheno that is more vulnerable to your "less than perfect" water. ...or it could be a precurser to what is in store for your other plants, due to the water. Are you doing anything to combat the acidity?..

Hey, sorry didnt mean to sound rude then :eek:. i havent been doing anything to the water, do you think its worth my while doing so? And if so what? Thanks for the reply hick :)

6.0 is too low for soil grow. Unless you are buffering it within the medium, you could be inhibiting nutrient uptake. I'm not familiar with "Bio-biz" soil, dunno' if it contains any lime, limestone, oyster shell, ect. as a buffer.
You can buy products designed specifically for adjusting ph. They're most commonly called "PH Up" or "PH Down"....
Watering daily isn't good for mj either. They should be allowed to dry out between waterings to allow oxygen to the roots.

A bit about bio bizz;

Bio-Bizz All-Mix is unlike anything you will find in a garden centre. It contains a blend of baltic peat moss, compost, worm castings, perlite and a special 'pre-mix' which is a blend of biologically active organic ingredients. The active ingredient Pre-Mix is more than just another additive - once it is blended it is then stored in a warm storehouse in the Netherlands for a 6 weeks where it is fermented into the potent mixture it is known for. Once added to All-Mix, it makes this soil a seriously effective organic growing medium that is hard to beat. If you are going to grow in soil then this is the soil mix you want to use. Use Bio-Bizz All-Mix for growth and flowering and Bio-Bizz Light-Mix (optional) for propagating seeds and cuttings. Both grades of Bio-Bizz soil are 100% organic and provide fantastic results. We recommend that you use Bio-Bizz Nutrients in conjunction with this soil for best results.

On further investigation the water seems to be more around 5.0ph which is very acidic , i live in the middle of nowhere and our water goes through no chemical proccesess at all, just straight from a spring, but the whole area is very peaty soil . Im tempted to feed them with bottled water rather than tap for a week or so just to see the effect, is this a sensible idea? just to clarify that it is the Ph or should i just get some Ph up instead? would mixing some lime in be a good idea also? Thanks for the help :)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...5.0!! is really alkaline. "I" would guesse it's ppm would be off the chart somewhere too, with that reading.
Bottled water, or reverse osmosis water, may well be your best choice at this point. But I would check the water before purchasing a large quantity.
"I" don't feel 'mixing' lime in after the fact is very effective. BUT..."I" would consider a transplant into fresh pots "with" 1 tblsp of dolomite lime per gallon of "Bio-biz" mixed in well, prior to transplanting.

aquafina is filtered water with a ppm from 1-3, and a ph around 7.3, pretty good filtered water. from what exhaustive research has show aquafina to be the best filter water by far. in second place with ppms ranging from 20-38 is disani. the rest of them were not even as pure as nyc drinking water.

hey, Thanks for the replies, Previous grows ive done have been fine on the house water but there has been a huge amount of rain recently so it probably has washed off alot of soil into the streams etc. When i run a bath the water is actually dirt coloured! And yes that is before i get in :p! So i'll try bottled water and hope that it improves, Thanks very much for the help an if things improve ill post some pics on my grow journal. Thanks again :D

leelow said:
aquafina is filtered water with a ppm from 1-3, and a ph around 7.3, pretty good filtered water. from what exhaustive research has show aquafina to be the best filter water by far. in second place with ppms ranging from 20-38 is disani. the rest of them were not even as pure as nyc drinking water.

Aquafina is probably the best tasting bottled water out there.... not as good as my tap water... but still pretty good.

Latest posts

Back