What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ciao: Squidy! Here's to hoping you never deal with the beasts, my friend! :48:

:ciao: dman! Nasty lot, I hope to not have further issues!

Roddy, I know what you must be going through trying to eradicate the Borg. I was totally freaked-out by them, and I only have a small vedge area and a 4x4 tent. With the amount of greenery you have going you must feel more than slightly over whelmed. Having both inside and outside grows going at the same time will make it even that much more difficult to deal with the critters, but I have confidence that you will deal with them properly. My thoughts are with you my friend. It took me almost two full runs to get rid of them. I can only imagine the nightmare you are dealing with. Good luck, Bud

Peace

Permethrin. is in lice shampoo , dog shampoo too, its the main ingrident in Frontline .. sorry i had this vision of treating each plant with frontline like you do your dog ,, 1x a month you put some on your plant and rub it in... :rofl:... sorry.. it early here.. :ciao:

yer greenhouse is looking fabdabeedosie! ma man ,, whers yer tomato plants theo? lol:p <<<<<<<<<<<j>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey JAAM :ciao: THANKS for dropping in! Yes, the greenhouse does make me smile, best investment thus far in my growing...as it seems! Proof will be in the harvest!

Heya Hemper :ciao: Yeah, those borg are a menace and trying on the soul, but we'll overcome and be stronger and smarter!! What doesn't kill us....

Heya Jesuse :ciao: Next year, my friend! In fact, if things work out as hoped, next year will see me in a new part of the state with much more property and space to play around on...full gardens, livestock, big boy toys and something for the little missus as well :) :) We'll see......

THANKS for visiting all, more to come soon!

Another day on the lake, we hit Erie from Raisin River...Monroe MI! Saw many a beautiful boat, passed within feet of a massive freighter and knew we were in the big boy lake and then we were on the open waters! We bottomed the prop in the middle of the lake....yes, bottomed...open water all about....no damage, but who'd have thunk it? A little after that, we were in the shipping lane...200' of water.

Ooops, and yes, we were illegal aliens a few times, according to my GPS...Canada! :bolt: Last pic is about 5 miles out, and in Canadian waters...

Erie 001.JPGErie 006.JPGErie 024.JPGErie 029.JPG

Update time on the spider mite issue...what issue? :) :) There are still a few mites on 2 (previously) seriously infested plants, I am treating them further in hopes to obliterate the beasts (they're getting into late bud and were badly infested, not keeping anything off these, purely experimentation, so to speak). Other than those 2 plants, I see no live bugs on all I've checked and continue to check, this includes downstairs as well as the greenhouse (two of which were previously badly infested, almost all were somewhat infested). The clean plants that were treated before entering bud room (basement, which has also been sprayed down) are showing absolutely no sign of bug; no damage on leaves and no beasts present.

Looks like the spray worked, I will still hold off mention until I am completely satisfied (more close inspections to follow)....

I am seeing a premature yellowing of sorts in the outdoor gals, thinking I messed up and killed off the soil...oops. Working on that, but the buds are developing nicely, getting thick and frosty. The nights are cooling down, we hit 34f last night/this morning and will likely see a few more chilly ones...before it gets cold! :D Gals look just fine in the greenhouse!

Another round of clones and another 100% success rate...loving it! Things might just be smoothing out again for me? Knocking on wood as I type this lol

OK, no spider mites have been spotted since last update, I think I can safely say the spray has taken them out! What was the spray, you ask? Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor broad use insecticide....$14.95 at my local feed mill.

Greenhouse is looking good, buds are getting bigger and bigger....been down to the low 30's a few nights now, so some are getting a bit purplish? Hold on gals, about a month to go!!

Another 2 rows of clones come out, 100% yet again, SWEET!! This time, all OG, too!!

I figure it's been a bit since I posted pics of pre-trim harvest, so here's the latest. She's one that was treated before entering and has been clean throughout, you can see the basement is chilling down at nights now!

OG again 004.JPGOG again 006.JPGOG again 012.JPGOG again 017.JPGOG again 017-001.JPG

Tight, compact buds that are heavy on this gal, should be a nice OG haul! I have 7 of these and a Buddha Tahoe OG in the greenhouse! :cool: :cool: :icon_smile:

hi-yield defeats crab critters, and looking pretty high yield on hanging frosty gal . . . good job !!

Morning, DanK! :ciao: She filled my hanging line nicely and will soon fill the jars!! A few more to come out, then we're waiting on the greenhouse!!!

Hope all are having a wonderful day!

pontoon 002.JPG

So, there's my newest toy, she's a fun one! Not much to look at there, but with a few minutes, a few pumps of air, a pole and a lake, one can be fishing. She's the Colorado XT from Classic Accessories, I bought her and a 34lb trolling motor to push her around, she glides along beautifully! Now I can get almost anywhere...by kayak, pontoon or boat! The pontoon boat disassembles (as shown) and fits in the back of my Liberty.

Fishing today on my local lake, planning on hitting Lake Erie tomorrow and then heading for salmon in Manistee River next weekend...camping, caching and fishing! Being able to do all this while enjoying my smoke without too much fear of johnny law...NICE!

Here she is all put together...

pontoon.jpg

:ciao: brimk! Yes, will be a great time with friends even if we never catch a salmon...which are hot and heavy in the Manistee, so should have a good chance!!

Roddy those colors are intense! Loving the sights as always! hopefully i'll get some pictures up again soon in my fall journal.

Keep up the amazing work mang!

that looks like a very cool toy, Roddy . . . super nice for fishing in quiet shallows . . . it has to be so light, I bet a 34 lb motor pushes it around pretty good too !!

PartyBro420 said:
Roddy those colors are intense! Loving the sights as always! hopefully i'll get some pictures up again soon in my fall journal.

Keep up the amazing work mang!

:ciao: PB!! Much appreciated, the kind words, my friend!! Watching your and several grows, am amazed how well everyone is doing!! :aok:

Dan K. Liberty said:
that looks like a very cool toy, Roddy . . . super nice for fishing in quiet shallows . . . it has to be so light, I bet a 34 lb motor pushes it around pretty good too !!

:ciao: DanK

She weighs in at around 70lbs or so (closer to 100lbs with motor, battery and gear), the trolling motor pushes her all over with ease! I covered a fair chunk of the over 2 mile long lake, one side to the other, back and forth over the weed beds and just having a blast! Caught 8 smallish bass (only 2 were 14") during the morning/afternoon, was trolling back toward my starting point around 7pm when I hooked a nice fat 28" northern! That pretty much ended the day for my fishing, he was just too active and too well hooked to try to take off on the boat, had visions of him thrashing my pontoons! Ended up getting on shore and getting him off, which took until nearly dark (yeah, I was in the middle of the lake when I hooked him lol).

Great day which ended with wet feet since I misjudged the depth when I went to unhook the northern...hip waders, a net and a nice solid surface are in order, then off to the lake again today! Yeah, thinking I'll definitely pack a lunch and some water this trip...LMAO!

Latest posts

Back