What's Poppin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Two grows are in flower and my third space just opened up. It's time for some new strains. I'm growing out all my freebie seeds plus a seed of green crack/707 mango cross. Let's wind up this jack-in-the-box.
PXL_20230110_151228365.PORTRAIT.jpg
Hopefully something good pops out.
Whats everyone else starting?

I like to start my outdoor grows inside. Get them vegged until March

exactly

we start germinating Feb then into 16oz beer cups half filled with ProMix

begin selection in March , cull out males ( unles we are doing a seed run and then we want a lot of males ) , runts , and wannabes

up pot in April

harden off every chance we get , take plants outdoors

try to match daylight hours while indoors and then set them out sometime May

we are around the 47th parallel or 47 degree latitude , take your pick

harvest usually begins middle to end of September

At 6,000 ft up against the Rockies I don't mess with outdoor. But, I grow great maters....my specialty. I will start my seeds April 1st. Then pretty much the same process that Big described above. Except I usually don't put them in the ground until June 1st. Even then late frost is always a consideration.

I’m about four weeks away from popping new seeds. Here’s the plan. I am not knowledgeable on strains. These are new to me.

Trying my first auto….(FastBuds Gorilla Cookies auto)
Also trying two photo periods….
Seedsman Peyote Gorilla (Gorilla Glue #4 x Peyote Purple (Bubba Kush purple pheno)
Seedsman Peyote Wifi (Wi-Fi (The White x Fire OG) x Peyote Purple)

Also going to try growing tomatoes this year…..I’ve never grown them successfully (failed once due to caterpillars). I need to read up on tips and tricks. I’m attempting Roma tomatoes, early girl tomatoes and Tiny Tim cherry tomatoes.

I miss my pineapple garden. I'd get maybe a dozen or so medium sized ones. They were incredibly sweet. I didn't understand how unripe store bought pineapples are until I had sun ripened.

exactly

we start germinating Feb then into 16oz beer cups half filled with ProMix

begin selection in March , cull out males ( unles we are doing a seed run and then we want a lot of males ) , runts , and wannabes

up pot in April

harden off every chance we get , take plants outdoors

try to match daylight hours while indoors and then set them out sometime May

we are around the 47th parallel or 47 degree latitude , take your pick

harvest usually begins middle to end of September

bigsur great plan. Write your plan down in my notes. big what do you mean when you say harden off?

Latest posts

Back