Whats the opposite of a Groundrunner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deathsmile

Back and ready to start again, and this time everything is a tad bit more legit. Short story on the grow. Just moved into the new house and just got done building my grow room. Its a 10x10 room but i will be sectioning the room in half by either drywall or my left over panda lining.

Equipment:

-XXXL Magnum "Ocho" Reflector

-MH 1000watt "eye" Bulb

-Digilux 1000watt HPS Bulb

- Two Valuline CAD 8' Inline fans

- Two Carbon filters (One to scrub the room/One for the light exhaust air into the attic)

-Ebb&Gro system with 12 (2) Gallon Pots with a Hydroton medium

Plants:

As the title states, my main crop will consist of:

-Six Skywalker OG

-Four Strawberry Cough

-Two Green Crack

All of my clones but 2 look really good. Two of them have some yellow on the outside ridges of the leaves, but i think with the upgrading in light and in a few days addition of nutes they will pull through and be fine.

I know my last grow was a little iffy with some people here and we didnt get off on the wrong foot, but the past is the past and i think ive proven that im dedicated to this part of our society and i hope i can enter the ranks with the rest of you guys. I hope you guys and gals grab a seat and keep me company on this journey!!

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

Your 1000W is going to be good for 30 sq at most. I would make your flowering space to fit your light--not try and make your light fit your space. You will have a whole lot easier time keeping your flowering space dark if you make it out of drywall--Panda film will need framing of some kind anyway.

Do you have an air cooled reflector? If so, I would forget the carbon filter and pull cool air from a source outside the grow space.

Hey DS!!

Might want to drop that light down to the plants a bit more too.

I don't like the look of all those wires and plugs next to the pots. Might want to put up a shelf or something and screw everything up on there so that they are out of the way.

Never mind, they are water tubes :lama: guess I should have looked closer haha.

@THG: Im trying to convince my roommate that drywall wouldnt be hard or bad at all come tear down time, and there wouldnt be holes in the ceiling. For now the light is 24/7 so i may just drape some panda lining up just to make it smaller.

You cant see it in the pictures, but right behind the reflector, theres a wall a/c unit pulling outside air in, cooling it, then blowing it straight down onto my plants.

After running my lights for a full 24 hrs the highest temp recorded was 80F and that was during the day. The lowest temp was 66F. Those were taken at plant level.

Heyy Roddy, good to see you around. Yesterday was the first day the clones went from a T5 to my MH. Im going to leave it up for another day or so, i dont want to shock them with tons of light and nutes all at once. Unless you guys think otherwise?

@Sparda, i do have some cables near one pot in the back corner. As soon as i get an extension cable with a ground plug on it then i can build a shelf up on the wall and get them out of the way.

So, woke up this afternoon and checked them all, they all look pretty good. Still hoping a few will get a tad bit greener. I would like to run some root 66 and thrive-b to help their roots along.

On a side note, dont forget ph Down!!!

Opposite of Groundrunner.......

Skywalker?

Deathsmile said:
@THG: Im trying to convince my roommate that drywall wouldnt be hard or bad at all come tear down time, and there wouldnt be holes in the ceiling. For now the light is 24/7 so i may just drape some panda lining up just to make it smaller.

You cant see it in the pictures, but right behind the reflector, theres a wall a/c unit pulling outside air in, cooling it, then blowing it straight down onto my plants.

After running my lights for a full 24 hrs the highest temp recorded was 80F and that was during the day. The lowest temp was 66F. Those were taken at plant level.

Heyy Roddy, good to see you around. Yesterday was the first day the clones went from a T5 to my MH. Im going to leave it up for another day or so, i dont want to shock them with tons of light and nutes all at once. Unless you guys think otherwise?

@Sparda, i do have some cables near one pot in the back corner. As soon as i get an extension cable with a ground plug on it then i can build a shelf up on the wall and get them out of the way.

So, woke up this afternoon and checked them all, they all look pretty good. Still hoping a few will get a tad bit greener. I would like to run some root 66 and thrive-b to help their roots along.

Sounds like you've got things under control, my friend!! :)

Very nice set up going on there, will be like walking through a jungle before you know it. :hubba:

Deathsmile said:
Plain vinegar is much cheaper than ph down, and is just one less chemical you need to subject your ladies too! :D

Thanks Roddy, hope to see you around often!!!

@Sunwolf, Vinegar hmm? Ill def give a shot. Like they say, sometimes less is more :]

Less is more with this system. I used to have pics on here when I ran it. A good producer kept healthy, will generally on the high end knock out 12oz per site. But with only one light, your gonna have to train and flip at the right time. Don't bother with vinegar. Get PH down/up. I used to run many nutrient lines thru them. Best I found was Aqua flakes A and B plus cal/mag. Cal/mag is a must and alot of it. It's important you don't outgrow the pots. The roots will grow into the flood lines. Also that little 1/2" of solution that does not get drained from the cycle, needs to addressed down the road. I don't like the roots sitting idle in it. You can just put a 1" riser in the bottom, under the net pot. GL

I second all info ^^^
*except the vinegar. It will fluctuate after only an hour. You went all out, spend 15$ and get some proper PH-down :aok:

Steppin your game up huh Death, Nice!

@nouvellechef Thanks for all of that man. I have credit at one Store in which i actually returned a bottle of PH down, so ill just go pick it up again xD

I actually was thinking about running Aqua Flakes, just wasnt sure. Its hard when youre new to know what nute works best with what. I have some Cal/Mag from my last grow, and plan on getting more once i go through the rest of this bottle. That riser is a great idea. I did notice that not everything got drained, and wondered if i should put my pots a little higher then the control box or not. Im hoping the 2gal pots will be big enough. Im thinking theyre going to get around 4ft-5ft tall.

@SmokeMyPiece Pshh, try more like 10 :p I am i am. I just enrolled in college so this would be awesome extra spending money, and it would actually help me in school because im most likely going to study Botany and look towards become a herbalist.

Plus, growing it is pretty fun too ;]

How many T5s do you have? If this was my grow and I had enough T5s, I would be for pushing the buckets close together and using the T5s for at least a while longer. I am not a big fan of MH for vegging--too little lumens and too much heat, especially when the plants are this small. You can get the T5s right down on top of the plants.

I wouldn't have an A/C blowing directly on my7 plants.

SmokeMyPiece said:
I second all info ^^^
*except the vinegar. It will fluctuate after only an hour. You went all out, spend 15$ and get some proper PH-down :aok:

!
:yeahthat:

SmokeMyPiece said:
I second all info ^^^

To each their own...been using it on my aquariums, ponds and gardens for 30+ years, and my mj seems to be just as happy with it now. :aok:

So just a quick update.

All of the clones have shot up in size and have all opened up a bit more to become a little fuller. One of my green cracks isnt looking so good. I may go grab another skywaler to replace it, and throw it in sisters outdoor herb garden to see if some natural light will bounce it back up.

Ill take some pics of the little guys in a bit.

Oh boy xD

Im not even a Star Wars fan really. Time to change the Thread name xD

SmokeMyPiece said:
I second all info ^^^

Sorry that I couldn't let this one go, but this is a quote from Mandala's site under "guide to Cannabis Germination":

Don't forget to check your water pH with every watering and use cheap vinegar to adjust it downwards instead of mineral salts (to prevent salt build-up). The correct pH is essential for healthy growth! For soil it should range between 6.2-6.5. In hydroponic systems start with 5.6-5.8 on fresh rockwool cubes, or 5.8-6.0 on new expanded clay pebbles if they are not pH neutral. Check the pH of drained water in hydroponics and adjust the pH as required.
I have great respect for you experienced growers, but even you guys can be incorrect at times.

Love you all and Green Mojo to you all. Here, pass this!!

:48:

Mandala might know beans but they don't seem to know not to use vinegar...
Just buy actual ph up and down....vinegar does not work well. It doesn't hold the ph well...especially in soil.
You are not just trying to hit a number on ph....you are trying to make nutrients available to the plants....some things like vinegar can be counter productive to that from what I hve read. I believe it leaves behind acetate....not sure if that is good for the plants. Actual ph up and down is not expensive on eBay. Jmo

Latest posts

Back