Whats wrong???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Afghan#1

My 3 week old afghans are looking sick. Leaves are yellow and curled up.
Jiffy Soil mix, 400 w hps about 16 " away. Ph is 6.3.
yeserday ttwo of them drooped to the side. I flushed them out with water soon after and they are back up. I stopped nuting them every other day because that was just way too much for them. Waiting for soil to dry out before i start watering with plain water.
WHy are the leaves curled up and dieing?

005.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Nuteing every other day???? I think you found your problem... Killing them with love )

I agree, i would start using straight water on your babies untill growth continues.

use good soil and you shouldnt need to feed until late veg or flowering

LOL, my ph was off, and i was nuting them too much. Now the ph is acceptable and jus plain water. My plants still look very unhealthy. Is it N def?

Most likely. The pH locked up the plant. Just make sure to atke it slowly. Good luck with that.

:yeahthat: give it a few weeks of TLC and you should be :aok: small does of nutes to start is always the way to go till you know what they are doing to your plant, and then adjust if needed. MOJO mang.

Afghan#1 said:
LOL, my ph was off, and i was nuting them too much. Now the ph is acceptable and jus plain water. My plants still look very unhealthy. Is it N def?

You have to wait it out. Water with the seedling feeding chart every third watering until showing new growth. I am the KING of shocking my plants but...... I have brought them back. Also and this is HUGE!!!!!!!!! Use SUPERTHRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is NO substitute for bringing back shocked plants. I wish you good luck and hope you trust me on this one!

Stunzeed..

Hey, I don't mean to intrude on your thread, but I have a question. I've read that your ph should be between 6 - 7. When I mix my ferts in my water, my ph goes from 6.0 to 4.0. (I'm using soil.) Now should it be between 6-7 before or after I add my ferts?
This batch of my plants seem really fragile. They are clones from my previous batch. I went in yesterday and one of my plants just fell over while I was standing there! They are just starting to flower so it isn't from the weight. I have 3 plants that are doing that and I had to stake them up.
One more question, Can you tell me what might be causing this to my leaves. Ive attached 2 pics.
Thank you in advance for your time.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Mix your nutes with your water then check and alter the PH, this of course could alter yet again when you add it to your soil, do you have a soil probe to check the PH in the soil your growing in? The PH needs to be within 6.3 ish to 7 when it is around the roots, soil can alter the PH surprisingly dramatically.
The problem you have is PH related.

COWGIRL413 said:
Hey, I don't mean to intrude on your thread, but I have a question. I've read that your ph should be between 6 - 7. When I mix my ferts in my water, my ph goes from 6.0 to 4.0. (I'm using soil.) Now should it be between 6-7 before or after I add my ferts?
This batch of my plants seem really fragile. They are clones from my previous batch. I went in yesterday and one of my plants just fell over while I was standing there! They are just starting to flower so it isn't from the weight. I have 3 plants that are doing that and I had to stake them up.
One more question, Can you tell me what might be causing this to my leaves. Ive attached 2 pics.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Ph sould be Between 6.5 and 7.5 6.8 is what I like. Always check after everything has been added to the water. Keep your ppm under 1400. I like mine at around 900-1000. Good luck!

Stunzeed..

plants live of of food stored in the seed for two to three weeks after cracking, dont add nutrients untill healthy rootballs have exposed themselves after that the plant should be ready to take on a altered feeding schedule to boost growth. keep dry heat away from seedlings, they are not strong enough for hid bulbs at this point. if anything administer a light b-1 sotution through foliar feeding to help plants through stress and i hope for the best to ya!!!

oh and also do what hippyinengland says, not enough people watch the ph, this is crucial, they are right. also dont overfeed, once you have stressed your plant too much it will hinder potential growth and potencey.

When I started mine from seeds, I did add nutrients (CF of 4-8) not alot but I did add some and they turned out fine.

stunzeed said:
You have to wait it out. Water with the seedling feeding chart every third watering until showing new growth. I am the KING of shocking my plants but...... I have brought them back. Also and this is HUGE!!!!!!!!! Use SUPERTHRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is NO substitute for bringing back shocked plants. I wish you good luck and hope you trust me on this one!

Stunzeed..

Ya its been a couple days since ive flushed them and no signs of change/growth. I guess i have to be patient.
I am going to look into superthrive.

Dubbaman said:
:yeahthat: give it a few weeks of TLC and you should be :aok: small does of nutes to start is always the way to go till you know what they are doing to your plant, and then adjust if needed. MOJO mang.

Hey dubba, i looked the glossary for tlc but cant seem to find it. whats tha mean?

i dont put nutes on seedlings till they are two weeks old, then only quarter strenth, and then only the nice light ones like fox farms grow big, no Miracle grow when they are young, it is kinda strong.

Afghan#1 said:
Hey dubba, i looked the glossary for tlc but cant seem to find it. whats tha mean?

Thanks for providing a chuckle to what has been a really tough day (work wise). I am home now and working on my first bowl...ahhhhhhhhhhh

.. i posted a nute lockout chart I found in my plant science book. I wonder if it's still around.

from the pics it looks like you are under watering..adding prob to much nutes to soon with under watering.. have you tried to run staight ph'd water threw the pot untill water flushes out the bottom of the plants.?

like said above if you start with a real good soil you should not have to water with nutes till the first or second week of flowering and only if they seem to be needing it.!

I did flush them with ph'd water, till water run past the bottom. I think one of them is not going o recover /c its been completely yellow for more than a week now. should i toss it or give it a lil while?
Dankerz, im going with foxfarms soil....NO MORE MG products!

Still dunno what is meant by TLC, anyone?

Latest posts

Back