Whats wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle6

Reaction score
A friend asked for assistance in identifying a problem with his plant. The attached pics show the plant and the worst leaf. The outer edges are curled up while the tip is curled down. Some of the larger fan leaves in the upper 1/3 of the plan are similar. Some of the newer leaves near the top are beginning to exhibit the same signs. The rest of the plant appears healthy. Some of the older lower fan leaves are turning yellow and dying off which I believe is normal for a flowering plant. The plant is one of two of the same type grown along side each other. The other does not exhibit any problem signs.
The plant is 30” tall and is in the 4th week of flowering. Lighting is a 600 watt HPS. It was grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil. Fertilizer was alternating feedings of Alaskan fish and Fox Farm Big Bloom during veg followed by just Fox Farm Tiger Bloom during flowering. It received 1 watering with diluted molasses about a week ago. Soil PH is 6.5-7; however, he is not certain of the accuracy of the PH test.
Thoughts/ recommendations?

leaf1.JPG

Plant2.JPG

Top1.JPG

Top2.JPG

Looks like she is hungry and maybe some cal/mag

That could be a couple issues. It does look like it is wanting nitrogen but the edge curl makes me think it is getting too hot. Make sure the air is being well circulated within the grow space. Also make sure the air is being replaced continually with fresh air. It is not enough to have a fan outside the door of a closet, blowing toward the closet. You really need to have proper ventilation.

If ventilation is good and you are doubtfull about the pH then add some dolomite lime to the top of the soil and water in. I would say about 2 TBSP and try to mix it into the top of the soil so that it doesn't just cake up when watered in. That will help balance the pH and give magnesium.

I personally don't like to use a premade soil with organic setup unless I amend it with multiple things and set up a solid microbe herd before adding any plants. The problem that can occur is micro-nute deficiencies. I recommend for organic growing to add a 3part organic nute that will give you the micro nutes that you need and may not be getting in soil mixes or minor amendments. General Organics is pretty decent but isn't real strong. :)

Hungry and light intensity. ... check ph looks like it could be off.

use a QUALITY DIGITAL ph meter...not a test kit or soil probe.

I think Potassium deficiency...Had the same problem with my master Kush strain, looked just like that bro. In my case (K) was being locked out.
Good luck, to your friend...:)

Latest posts

Back