When can i start flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daboss

Reaction score
Im growing strain of chronic. My plant has reached 12" should i START THE 12 H SCHEDULE?

whats up Daboss. do you have any pics? how old is your plant? how many sets of leafs does your plant have?

I started to flower @ 6 weeks, she was about 1 1/2 foot tall.

she should be 3 ft 6 inches by the second week

Wait until that plant is sexually mature, indicated by alternating nodes.

This usually occurs at 4--6 weeks of veg.

Ok thanks guys ill try to get pics up buy tomorow.And by the way i can already tell that it is a female , ill put up the pics to be sure. Thx .

i may turn hermie watch it closely for the next few days

i may turn hermie
00000005.gif

And by the way i can already tell that it is a female
if you are saying it is showing preflowers, it is sexually mature and ready to begin 12's.

gqone333 said:
she should be 3 ft 6 inches by the second week

Nice.

Yea, its a general rule of thumb to always expect them triple in size during flowering. So, if its a small grow space, then you'll need to flower early on. :)

Heinous Anus said:
Nice.

Yea, its a general rule of thumb to always expect them triple in size during flowering. So, if its a small grow space, then you'll need to flower early on. :)
If you do start running out of vertical space, you can tie the tips over and let them "S" back to the light. I do this sometimes with the tips that try to shoot for the moon.

Good luck to you.

Oh yea, LST (Low Stress Training) can be done a number of different ways. Great job, pointing that out. :)

I prefer either the SCROG or Tie down, myself. :)

nO im not runnin out of space but im gonna have to transplant it again into a 6 gall pot.The one im using is3.5gallons should i transplant it? I read this thing yeaterday and apparently i can get more yield if i leave the plant in veg longer, ist that true?
Thx for ur help so far guys it was very helpful.

Daboss said:
nO im not runnin out of space but im gonna have to transplant it again into a 6 gall pot.The one im using is3.5gallons should i transplant it? I read this thing yeaterday and apparently i can get more yield if i leave the plant in veg longer, ist that true?
Thx for ur help so far guys it was very helpful.
The more plant mass you have, the more places there will be for budding of flowers. This of course is dependant on how much light, etc. you use.

Good luck to you and ask lots of questions here. This place is crawlin with pros.

Oh im using to 120 watt spot grow, i know its kind of ghetto put at least next gro will be with an Hps. Thx for ur help Stoney Bud ive read alot od=f ur teachings.

If that "spot grow" is what I think it is (incadescent), it's worse than ghetto; it's a no-go.

Daboss said:
Oh im using to 120 watt spot grow, i know its kind of ghetto put at least next gro will be with an Hps. Thx for ur help Stoney Bud ive read alot od=f ur teachings.
You're very welcome for anything I can do to help you. That's what this forum is all about.

When you learn a trick or something that will keep someone else from having the "Perfect Grow", you can help all of us by posting it. Shared knowledge is the worlds most powerful tool.

With lights, "Lumens" and "Spectrum" are the key values you need to consider most to making it right.

"Lumens" are a universal method of rating a lights strength. It's the strength of light measured on a globe 12 inches in diameter, 12 inches from the source of the light. Most MJ will grow some bud with as little as 1500 lumens per sq ft of area. Most MJ is capable of using as much as 5000 lumens to develop buds as large and potent as that particular plant is able to produce.

The "Spot Flood" light that you're using isn't considered useful for several reasons. It produces too much heat per/lumen to be able to gain enough usable light from it to do much good and it's spectrum is lacking in the values most needed for plant growth.

You're on the right track by getting an HPS. They have a great spectrum for plants and the heat/lumen ratio is very good. Now you can use enough of HPS light to maximize your plants potential.

Here's a factor you may not see too much in discussion. If you use four 250 watt HPS instead of a single 1000 watt setup, you gain an advantage of being able to light your entire crop more evenly. As I said above, lumens are measured 12 inches from the light. They decrease dramatically as you get further and further from the light. If you set a 1000 watt HPS in the center of your grow and you have 5000 lumens directly beneath the light, then at the edge of your crop, you may have only 2000. If you instead use four 250's spaced evenly over your crop to provide 5000 lumens beneath each light, well, the result is obvious to anyone; you'll have 5000 lumens or close to it, over the entire area. In this case, bigger is not always better. A 250 watt HPS needs to be about 12 inches from the plant tips. This will also allow you to use the rated lumens on the package to space your lights. No math is necessary.

Good luck in all your grows and I look forward to seeing your advice as you learn more and more about MJ growing. Every day, someone comes into this group that has never done anything with MJ, but they want to start learning. Right after your first grow, you'll be able to help them.

ok so ill get rid of that spot grow and replace it with a 2 fluo and well see the result. THx ur help ganja guru and stoney my next grow will be organized with all tools necessary for good Mj. THX

Latest posts

Back