When can you usually tell the sex by?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socal-outdoor

Reaction score
how tall do your babies get before you can start to see pistils or pollen sacs? I say "tall" cause mine have been growing slow do to cold weather. They are an unknown bagseed obviously pure or very pure indica by the way. Its been a long time since my last grow and I'm getting to be an anxious feller. I wanna get rid of the extra plants that could be nothing but liability and give the girls premo realestate in the light. :D

"tall" has nothing to do with "sexual maturity" so-cal...that is all about AGE.
Usually around 4-6 weeks from seed, indicas will express sex.

this is in the OD forum..are they OD?..

Yep all outdoor although to be 100% clear I started them off indoor on the window ledge under sunlight cause it was just too harsh to be outside at night. The first few popped open on the 17th last month so anywhere between 1 to 3 weeks now I can't wait! and thanks for the super speedy reply and teaching me about it being a matter of time not size :D

..reason I asked(OD) socal...if they are under the "natural" photocycle of the sun, right now...with no supplimental hours of artificial light, they may start flowering immediately.
I've "heard" of ppl getting a "spring" harvest by takeing plants from 24/0 light and forceing them to flower by placeing them OD this time of year.
If your weather permits it.

:confused: Wait your saying flowering may be based on a genetically referenced measurement of light? I thought the plants would only recognize LESS or MORE light compared to what they have seen themselves in their lives?

I thought the plants would only recognize LESS or MORE light compared to what they have seen themselves in their lives?
???...flowering is triggered by number of hours of light.
In the northern hemisphere, this time of year is likely recieving 12 hours or less of daylight. Which is "more than sufficient" number of dark hours to induce flowering in most strains. The exception being some equatorial sativas. (12/12 year round on the equator) The problem "I" have had, is that the plants sense the daylight hours lengthening rather than getting shorter, and have reverted back to veg before matureing.
Stoney posted a good sticky on "What causes flowering" in the indoor forum I think.

Latest posts

Back