When do i Fower the Plants

speero_m

Traditional
Reaction score
hey guys, when can i decide to flower them and how long should i keep my plants into veg stage is there any specific time for that.....what is the norm for the veg stage? thanks.:confused:

27.jpg

the_riz

Reaction score
From my understanding flowering is purely personal preference.. From what i can see your plants are, and probably have been ready for a week or so.

The sooner you flower, the smaller your yeild will be, however im about to find out first hand myself so i cant really tell you for certain, im pretty sure plants grow roughly 3 times bigger in the flowering stage than the veg..

veg stage can be anything from 3 weeks to theoretically 6 months if you want.. you flower them by switching to 12/12 lighting.

Hemp-o Kitty

Meeoowwwruana..meeoowww
Reaction score
the_riz said:
.......you flower them by switching to 12/12 lighting.
...and by changing to an HPS (High Pressure Sodium) light which will give you better buds. Good Luck!

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
speero_m said:
hey guys, when can i decide to flower them and how long should i keep my plants into veg stage is there any specific time for that.....what is the norm for the veg stage? thanks.:confused:
as long as your plants are showing alternating nodes feel free to flower netime after that.

T

theyorker

Kade is there an ideal amount of time to wait? I hear people say "the longer you veg the better the yield". To what extent does this hold true? Can I start as soon as alternating nodes show or should I give the ladies more time for optimum yield and THC content?

the_riz

Reaction score
thc content is decided in the flowering period.. the whiter the hairs around the buds = the more CBD content, the browner the hairs = the higher THC content, which is what the CBD's become...

As for smoothness, im not sure, however the only advantage im aware of when leaving to veg for a long time, is a higher yeild as the plant is bigger

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Flower your plants when you see either alternating nodes or pre flowers. This is a sign that your plant is mature and ready for flower. This usually takes between 6 and 8 weeks give or take. ;)

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
theyorker said:
Kade is there an ideal amount of time to wait? I hear people say "the longer you veg the better the yield". To what extent does this hold true? Can I start as soon as alternating nodes show or should I give the ladies more time for optimum yield and THC content?
The longer the veg the bigger the yield (unless u dont have enough lumens for the canopy) But it also takes longer to veg a bigger plant... I like preparing clones when my flower room has 1 month left... then once they are done I'll put in the clones to flower for their 2 months.

Latest posts