When do I Start the flowering???? I see some white hairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrider

Freestyle Quad Ridin'
Reaction score
This is my first grow and I am still pretty new to the whole aspect. I have 2 female plants both about 3 1/2 - 4 feet tall. I noticed that the top of one plant has about 6 white hairs commimg out of it (see pic). Does this mean the plants are starting to bud? Should I cut the lighting time back? Right now it is 16 on and 8 off. I was told to cut back to 12/12 to start the budding process. Are my plants ready to start budding (see pics)??? What Do I need to do??? All help is appreciated. Thx

top.jpg

plant mod.jpg

plant 1 mod.jpg

Quadrider said:
This is my first grow and I am still pretty new to the whole aspect. I have 2 female plants both about 3 1/2 - 4 feet tall. I noticed that the top of one plant has about 6 white hairs commimg out of it (see pic). Does this mean the plants are starting to bud? Should I cut the lighting time back? Right now it is 16 on and 8 off. I was told to cut back to 12/12 to start the budding process. Are my plants ready to start budding (see pics)??? What Do I need to do??? All help is appreciated. Thx
You're probably seeing preflowers. It sounds like you've got a lady!

You can start your flowering now with 12/12 lighting.

With the plants being 4 ft tall at the start of flowering, you're probably going to have to train them over some unless you have a 10 ft ceiling. How much top room do you have after discounting the space for the lights including a safe fire distance from the light to the ceiling, and the distance from the light to the tops of the plants? Your plants will double in height before finishing.

I have about 4 feet from top of plant to top of ceiling. About 2 feet from top of light to top of ceiling. My light is on a drum stand so I will make the correct adjustments as the plant grows in height.

In a nutshell, just cut back light to 12/12 and how long will it take before the buds grow to thier full potential???

Cant he just top the plants now? So he doesnt have too worry about them getting too tall?

Quadrider said:
I have about 4 feet from top of plant to top of ceiling. About 2 feet from top of light to top of ceiling. My light is on a drum stand so I will make the correct adjustments as the plant grows in height.

In a nutshell, just cut back light to 12/12 and how long will it take before the buds grow to thier full potential???
First let me say your ladies look great. Man you are gonna be cutting it close with that space and such big ladies. Yup once you cut the light back to 12/12 your plants will begin to bud. For most plants it usually takes about 8 to 9 weeks for flower. Good luck on the rest of the grow and be sure and keep us posted. :aok:

If he tops it now and switches to flower it will just be removing bud sites.

Lookin' good man, I'll bet you'll be pleased with the results.

Thanks alot for all the helpful info guys, I really appreciate it and I am excited and stoked to see how the buds turn out. Since this is my first grow, I guess that it won't be a complete bust from what you guys see. My timer is set for 12 on and 12 off, now it's juat a matter of waiting. I will post some new pics of my ladies after a few weeks into budding. Again, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it guys!

Latest posts

Back