when im rdy to harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganja_Greg

Cannabis Cultivation
Reaction score
what kinds of things will i need to do before i chop her down , i hear a flush? whats the purpose of this? anything else? how long should i hang her for and do the hanging buds need to be in complete darkness.

Here's some good reading: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16474

I flushed, because I read into the talk about how chemical nutrients can accumulate in the plant, and make the smoke taste weird. I don't really notice a difference between my flushed/unflushed plants. Apparently this is myth, I recommend not flushing.

The guides I linked to explain it better than I.. but basically hang the buds for about two weeks. When the stems are brittle enough to snap, cut off all leaves, and separate buds from stems, and put in jars. Air jars every week or two.

Hanging buds don't 'have' to be in complete darkness, but light degrades the potency (slowly, but still). Best to keep it in a cool/dark room. Drying in the grow room is asking for trouble.

:)

thanks KB! exactly what i was looking for.. i have no idea where im gonna be able to hang dry.. seeing as my box is like 75-95 degree's. and lit up like a mofo.. Flushing always seemed kinda stupid to me but at the same time i figured it was to remove chemicals... all probably just give superthrive till shes ready to harvest no more ferts... my recent soil test showed i had PLENTY of Pho and potash soo im probably good.

yeah the publice opinion on flushing seems to have changed the last couple years

Latest posts

Back