When they break the surface

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspector420

Rising Star
Reaction score
I buried mine after poping the seeds about a 1/4 inch from the surface. Im not sure if thats near enough. My question is when they break the surface what should they look like? White? I just wanted to know a little more because I cant find any pics to reference to.. Thx for any help

Inspector420 said:
I buried mine after poping the seeds about a 1/4 inch from the surface. Im not sure if thats near enough. My question is when they break the surface what should they look like? White? I just wanted to know a little more because I cant find any pics to reference to.. Thx for any help
When they break ground they will be green or should be green. You might see some white but that is just the stem.

Yeah they are more yellow than green man :( some are 1' tall with seeds shell on them still. When do I know they are ready for some weak light? Becuase they still in dark ATM.... Thx

They have been in this tray for 3 days just about, with the dome. The temperature is between 70-80 degrees. Am I looking good?

Picture 002_resize.jpg

Picture 003_resize.jpg

Picture 004_resize.jpg

Picture 005_resize.jpg

Picture 001_resize.jpg

As soon as they break through, they should go under some floros

Ive moved all the ones that look like potential plants. I have them in a 6x 48 tray with 2 40 watt bulbs on top. Do you think the light is to close?

Inspector420 said:
Ive moved all the ones that look like potential plants. I have them in a 6x 48 tray with 2 40 watt bulbs on top. Do you think the light is to close?
With the right venilation and a fan you should be able to put the light 2 to 4 inches away from your plants IMHO.

Thanks for the save TBG because the light was acually the lid :) And no ventilation. Ill correct this and update my grow journal with new pics.

Latest posts

Back