When to end flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrook

Reaction score
Hi All, I've been flowering for only about 30 days, with a total grow time of maybe ~90 days. (I learned in this forum recently about keeping track, having a plan, but I did not have a plan at the time so I didn't keep exact records).
What should I start to look for in terms of being done with flowering and ready to harvest?

Picture two, I accidentally got two seeds to germinate in the same pot. The root are so entwined, I can't separate without killing one or both, what should I do?

Thanks all for the great advice!

AB

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 19
The bud on the second pic looks great. Get a loop and watch the trics for color.
As far as the two that are intertwined, let 'em be. They'll grow just find together. You might want to trim a few leaves here and there, but it's not like they're going to strangle each other.

The bud on the second pic looks great. Get a loop and watch the trics for color.
As far as the two that are intertwined, let 'em be. They'll grow just find together. You might want to trim a few leaves here and there, but it's not like they're going to strangle each other.

what hippie said

except the two twisted sisters

from my experience , every time I had two plants that close together , one of them was always dominate and usually overtook the other one and some have died

i wound carefully break apart that peat plug and untangle the roots while there are only a few…

.I’ve done it several times and both plants survived

like I said , that has been my experience and your mileage may very

all the best

what hippie said

except the two twisted sisters

from my experience , every time I had two plants that close together , one of them was always dominate and usually overtook the other one and some have died

i wound carefully break apart that peat plug and untangle the roots while there are only a few…

.I’ve done it several times and both plants survived

like I said , that has been my experience and your mileage may very

all the best

Thanks, I looked at pulling them apart, but they were so intertwined, I opted to roll the dice keeping them tog.

I’d definitely hack the smaller sprout. They will fight and neither one will produce anything near maximum potential.

unless abrook has plenty of plants , he can let these grow and it will be a cool learning experience

but yeah , that’s been my experience , one of those plants will dominate the other and like you said , neither one will reach its potential

butmgood luck abrook , I’ll be following along

They look small enough to separate if you’re careful. I think if you’re careful both plants will grow. They both look determined to make it And they are not to hard to work with at such a young age. If not, maybe I would let it grow for the experience even tho I think think one would grow better alone… don’t listen to me tho, I’m a sucker for overcrowding and haven’t learned my lesson yet. 😜

When I got to repot, I'll see if they are open to separation, else what about waiting until it's 6" or so, then cutting one side and seeing if I can clone it? Also looking for opinions on my first 'when to end flowering'..see pic. Def has some color, but do I wait another week?

Attachments

• 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 10
When I got to repot, I'll see if they are open to separation, else what about waiting until it's 6" or so, then cutting one side and seeing if I can clone it? Also looking for opinions on my first 'when to end flowering'..see pic. Def has some color, but do I wait another week?
3-4 weeks in my opinion

the calyxes aren’t swollen they are still growing and the hairs are still white so it’s still making new calyxes

After the top nugs have finished swelling and you have the bottom nugs with only a few white hairs left then start considering a chop. Looking at the trics can help but you aren’t really close to being finished yet. Be patient.

Latest posts

Back