When to harvest my crop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
Yes I know all about cloudy or amber trichs but I don't know how to gauge them with my loupe. I am at day 51 Today . Was Thinking of just going 65 days

What do you guys think? Plants are mostly sativa

Just take a leaf with some frost on them and go set at a table and look at the leaf to see what color the trichs are. I always take satori around day 64... but I don't know what your growing... GOod luck Stankdank.

Iff you take a sugar leaf and go to a place where you have ffull spectrum light, you will not be able to miss the amber trichomes. I have seen them with a 5x magnifying lens in the right light. If it is mostly Sativa then going to 63-70 days should not be a problem :)

Man I feel like a N00b they don't look like amber or milky to me it's day 54 my plants are very sativa strains.

Is sativa best with amber trichs or milky?

I like mine milky. I always harvest at the first sign of amber. Some Sativas take a long time to finish. Mine, typically takes 12 weeks.

So today is day 61 and I still don't see any amber trichs in any of my strains. Skunk #1 says 50 day flower

I am going on 10 for my Satori's one might go 11, not sure but they can take a while.

You know stank, I am a real believer in the test bud if you are unsure of whether you want to harvest or not, especially if you have a sativa and want that nice up buzz. Like Rosebud, I always take my Satori at 9 weeks, but Satori is a fast flowering sativa and I need all the help I can get to get up and moving in the mornings. Like Hackman, I don't really want any amber on my sats.

However, Northern Lights and Skunk 1 are not sativas--the NL is almost all indica, something like 90% and the skunk while a hybrid is still heavy on the indica side. I really would think they really should be ready by now unless they were not sexually mature when put into 12/12 or you had some kind of stress or not enough light that caused them to go longer.

How do I test wet bud?
I put the plants threw tons of stress and burnt them badly I'm surprised they didn't die.

I am thinking no longer then 70 days on NL and skunk 1

I found out that my strain that was called kick *** OG is just seeds sold under a fake name I found a web page warning buyers

Cut a small bud off, chop it up fine and put it on a piece of paper towel then put it on top of your ballast or someplace else that is is fairly warm and dry. It takes a couple of hours.

So my kick butt OG is a 50 day flower time it's from ontario best seed company . The guy who sold them to me says to cut them down now before she poops the bed ( hermie) . My other strains are 50 day flower times as well.

Think I might harvest after work. What do you guys think??

Still holding off no amber trichs at all. They gotta come down by Sunday that will be 10 weeks

No. Was affraid I'd hurt the plant.
You just pull a nug off the top? I hate shitty bud so trying to smoke un cured wet bud will not be pleasant.

Do you do this on all your grows?

You can snip a little bud off the bottom of the plant, no problem, no I don't do it all the time. Maybe with a new strain, if I don't have the patience to wait. You might be surprised at the taste, testers can be tasty.

Latest posts

Back