When to Harvest.. WITHOUT magnification!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Ok, coming up to week 7 of our hydro grow. They are starting to plump out a little and we are closing in on our week 8 harvest maybe...

Only thing is, we dont want to harvest too early.. or too late. about 15% of the bud hairs are turning brown now but there is still a bit of plumping out to do.

We wanna know when to harvest without magnifying the buds. please dont say 'magnify your buds!' the fact is we dont have a walmart here, or any other cheap shops. if we want a magnification lense it would cost around 50 bucks, no less.

PLS HELP!! we need another method

my last harvest i let go for 8 weeks and the hairs were at about 60 percent red and it turned out amazing , go to 8 weeks and post a pic!

iv'e just orderd a pocket microscope off ebay for £15, they start at around £3 to £20 its worth a look! ;)

thanks herbijesus, might just have to look into it.. only problem is me and doc green live miles from any kind of town or civilisation, ... were on like a dual ISDN sattalite connection, so if we wanna go into town we have to travel like a few hours which sucks plus were strapped for cash lol.... so actually physically buying anything to do this would be pretty impossible, so we have to make due without

before i new about microscopes, i was alway told to wait untill 2/3rds of red hairs but i can't say for sure cus i'm still a noobie realy. i'll check out your journal to see how you get on with it. good luck

The Pistols, (hairs), can't be used accurately as a determining factor as to when to harvest. They can turn red or brown for any number of reasons including humidity, pollination, water stress and others.

Look on the site where you bought your seeds and they almost all tell you the average harvest time for each strain. If there is no other way, I'd go by their recommendation.

Good luck man.

Latest posts

Back