when to harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokeycones

Reaction score
Fellow growers..any ideas/tips on choosing a harvest time without checking trichs as i have tool too at the moment and by the time i get one i fear i may have missed my window to flush. still very green at moment though no fade but havn't cut nutes yet i am first time grower not sure if this causes the fade or not , purps coming thru so i figiure thats some sign of maturing the strain is grandaddy purp. 80% if not more of the pistols are amber if that helps

Attachments

• purp forst.png
    purp forst.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 77
  • purp as.jpg
    purp as.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 85
  • main nug purp.jpg
    main nug purp.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 68
  • chunker purp.jpg
    chunker purp.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 76
best/only way to be sure is looking at the trich's. can you take a high resolution pic with your phone and then zoom in to see the trichs? i have found that with my iphone, if i am about 8-10 inches away, the autofocus works well enough and when i zoom in i can see the trichomes pretty well. i'd water with just water at this point if it were me. that foliage is pretty dark green so you have a lot of chlorophyl in those plants. if you are organic, it isn't as big of a deal.

There really is no way to tell maturity without checking the trichs. You can get a loupe or microscope from Amazon in 2 days--1 if you want to pay extra.

As to flushing--I never do it. I would just water with plain water the last 10 days or so, so that the plants can use up the extra nutes on their own schedule. I always felt that it is a mistake to flush everything out of the soil when you are still asking them to put on bulk, weight and trichs.

I just bought a clip on macro lens for my phone...get in close and let it focus then snap...I also have an iPad so I transfer the pics And blow’m up to see the trichs...

There really is no way to tell maturity without checking the trichs. You can get a loupe or microscope from Amazon in 2 days--1 if you want to pay extra.

As to flushing--I never do it. I would just water with plain water the last 10 days or so, so that the plants can use up the extra nutes on their own schedule. I always felt that it is a mistake to flush everything out of the soil when you are still asking them to put on bulk, weight and trichs.
amazon takes 14 minimum to my country hence my issue

I’ve seen people use laser pointer lenses as a macro lens for iPhones.

Are you water or soil , if your water I would be flushing , I always flush for 10 days makes a huge difference to the taste

Are you water or soil , if your water I would be flushing , I always flush for 10 days makes a huge difference to the taste
I'm coco, I my hands on a loupe there are afew amber trichs majority milky is it flush time??

i think cloudy is when the thc is highest(the trichs are at peak ripeness). from what i have read, amber means thc is degrading. but yes, the more amber in general, the more couch locky. the more clear trichs, the more racy the buzz. depending on strain and what sort of buzz you are looking for, people harvest based on the percentage of amber trichs. my last grow i had very few amber and that weed is like speed(which i am not a fan of). growing clones of those plants now and plan on going about 50% amber in hopes of getting some relaxing smoke...

i think cloudy is when the thc is highest(the trichs are at peak ripeness). from what i have read, amber means thc is degrading. but yes, the more amber in general, the more couch locky. the more clear trichs, the more racy the buzz. depending on strain and what sort of buzz you are looking for, people harvest based on the percentage of amber trichs. my last grow i had very few amber and that weed is like speed(which i am not a fan of). growing clones of those plants now and plan on going about 50% amber in hopes of getting some relaxing smoke...
What % amber trichs did you go for on the last run?

I had very few amber. It was mostly cloudy but a lot of clear. I was seeing seeds and just wanted to chop them down. I had also screwed up the ph so the buds were pretty much stagnant as far as growth goes.

Latest posts

Back