When to harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veedom

Reaction score
Need help guys n" girls.

I don't want to spoil the grow by not harvesting timeously so, what says you?

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0090 (2).JPG
    IMG_0090 (2).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0093 (1).JPG
    IMG_0093 (1).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 21
Doesn't look ready to me. Have you checked tbe Trichs? How long in flower?

A matter of personal preference.

I judge readiness by trichome color and prefer to harvest when they are cloudy, with just a few ambers.

If you want speedy effect, harvest when the trichomes are fully developed, but clear and if you want a more sedative effect, harvest when they are all amber.

Cloudy gives some of both, with more character than clear and not as sedative as amber.

You can also do partial harvests, some when clear, some when cloudy, and the balance when amber. If you trim right, it opens up the rest of the plant to more light and increases the yield as well.

To determine when to harvest, you will want to look at the trichomes on the buds. You are looking at the color of the round head of the trichome. General rule of thumb is to harvest when you have 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear trichome heads. After a few harvests, you may find your own preference.

The amber heads are reported to have more of a sedative, body effect. The clear heads have been reported as being more cerebral and energetic high. Either way, you'll want the majority to be milky. These effects can be attributed to the maturation process of cannabinoids within the trichome heads. They will continue to mature slightly as they hang dry. The milky to amber is a visual representation of the THCa turning into CBNa.

Do be sure to check the buds and not the leaves. Trichomes on the leaves will mature faster than the buds, so they aren't the most accurate ripeness indicator you can use. However, they can be a good visual indicator as to when you might need to begin your flush if you choose to do so.

Using a jewelers loupe is preferred, but many times you can use the camera on your phone to get a close up and clear picture of your trichome heads.

Latest posts

Back