when to plant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
I'v started plants Apr. and May,but friends has started June and they catch up to mine with less time and work. INPUT plz. I like not workg hard but smart.

this makes no sense.

i agree, diff. strains...or grower/enviornment

better light and soil also, i had the same last year i put some out in april in a spot where it was clay, and put some more around june in a spot with nice soil, the younger one's where twice as big
like said above it could be strain aswel if grown in the same soil

I too agree. There is no "timely" answer IMO/E. Longer veg time equal more growth/larger plants. "All things the same"....

my experience last yr.
those started early and put out in april(some revegged) due to cloudy damp weather.
they really never started growing good until this bad spell passed.
by that time i had another batch ready for holes, and they were as big if not bigger than the first ones.
im waiting on soil temps. to get warm enough this year.

here in michigan i have taken 3 week old plants out as late as july 22nd and had them finish, i also start some on 3/17 and take em out around 4/20. the ones taken out in july yield around 1 oz, i have gotten 15 oz off plants started in march.

plant alone is from last year, greenhouse's super lemon haze started on 4/20 and taken out on 5/15

the one i'm in is from 6 years ago it's white label's white widow started on 3/17 and taken out on 4/20

182743_104825332929615_100002064471495_43912_7300873_n.jpg

1_Picture_002-1.jpg

FUM said:
I'v started plants Apr. and May,but friends has started June and they catch up to mine with less time and work. INPUT plz. I like not workg hard but smart.
This is primarily due to genetics... With the light closing in on them, the ladies will strive to veg as hard as they can in order to ensure pollination and continuance of the species. With an earlier planting, they have "all the time in the world", and will actually take longer to flower outdoors. I've planted in mid-June and had better harvests by September-October than when planting in late March-early April! When you plant late, the girls will flower harder too, they "think" they're arriving late to the season (which they are) and try and compensate by pumping out the buds.... Trichrome production is better in later planted ladies as well! Food for thought guys!

MichiganMedhead said:
here in michigan i have taken 3 week old plants out as late as july 22nd and had them finish, i also start some on 3/17 and take em out around 4/20. the ones taken out in july yield around 1 oz, i have gotten 15 oz off plants started in march.

plant alone is from last year, greenhouse's super lemon haze started on 4/20 and taken out on 5/15

the one i'm in is from 6 years ago it's white label's white widow started on 3/17 and taken out on 4/20
this is going from inside to out... A completely outdoor grow will respond differently because of numerous other environmental stimulus... Can't control the temperature outdoors, can't control the precipitation either; or fog, frost, bugs etc... When vegetated indoors and then placed outdoors, the plant is almost immediately shocked into a "grow before death" state; just as a late planted outdoor plant would!

you may not be able to control mother nature.... but the good thing is, there's no need to. i'd take the sun on even when it's cloudy over my grow tent any day.

MichiganMedhead said:
you may not be able to control mother nature.... but the good thing is, there's no need to. i'd take the sun on even when it's cloudy over my grow tent any day.
certainly the best available light source... But it's a preference thing! Everyone has their quirks! :rofl: we all LOVE marijuana though! I wasn't saying not to grow outdoors... I was just explaining why FUM saw such an occurrence, and why you had a different experience due to the environment change.

:holysheep: I'm still hearing 50/50 on when to plant here in my greenhouse. A mo. or a mo.1/2 of work is quite bet. I'm leaning towards June planting now. Any more input as to when to plant would be great to here your thoughts to the world???

My opinion is that June is to late, because the days start to shorten in June and its harder to transplant when its summertime hot, atleaset where Im at, try transplanting when its 110 degrees out .... forget about it

June first is ok, you have about 10 weeks before they strat to flower

The whole slow growth fast growth difference comes from the temp. of the soil, the earliest it should be put out is when the soil temp. in the afternoon reaches 65 degrees (18c) at the depth of 3 inches ( 7.5 cm) and doesn't decrease overnight below 50 degrees (10c). The books all say you can still put the plants out but the growth will be slow until those requirements are met.

Well folks it's 4/20 we got to set a few ladies out on their journey. And again "Green Blessings". ty you all for some very good reading.

vegging indoor longer until outdoor conditions are optimal = bigger plants

SKAGITMAGIC said:
The whole slow growth fast growth difference comes from the temp. of the soil, the earliest it should be put out is when the soil temp. in the afternoon reaches 65 degrees (18c) at the depth of 3 inches ( 7.5 cm) and doesn't decrease overnight below 50 degrees (10c). The books all say you can still put the plants out but the growth will be slow until those requirements are met.

black poly ground cover will help get that soil temp up early on..;)

SKAGITMAGIC said:
read the same thing in an artical on garilla growing.they recomended june first.i wait till then to plant my vegetable garden does as good as the ones around here that were planted earlier

Latest posts

Back