when to pollinate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fleshstain

i'm used to pulling all my males out so i end up seedless at harvest....but now i've got a few seeds of some good genetics that i'd like to try and pollinate a female to get some more....my question is when is the best time to pollinate?....i'm only going to pollinate 1 or 2 branches....my lady's been flowering for 3 weeks as of today and my male is already dropping pollen (yes, they are seperated)....any advice would help....

fleshstain said:
i'm used to pulling all my males out so i end up seedless at harvest....but now i've got a few seeds of some good genetics that i'd like to try and pollinate a female to get some more....my question is when is the best time to pollinate?....i'm only going to pollinate 1 or 2 branches....my lady's been flowering for 3 weeks as of today and my male is already dropping pollen (yes, they are seperated)....any advice would help....
Whats up fleshstain. I think i read that about 3 weeks or so into flower is when you pollinate your females because you have to give the seeds enough time to mature. I would see what a few other members have to say before doing anything.

around 3 weeks is the number i've heard more often than not....i think i'll go ahead and get em started tonight....

It takes a bare minimum of 4 weeks for seeds to mmature,

Hick said:
It takes a bare minimum of 4 weeks for seeds to mmature,

that just depends ;) but ya there abouts

if the plants where started togather and flowered at the same time then once the male start's to drop pollen it is time, the female will be ready

if you only do a couple of lower bud sites then time doesnt really matter as thos can be left to finish after the rest of the plant has been harvested

ching ching

Dust your buds now. I used a small brush and painted pollen on a few branches of my last crop and got around 200 mature seeds. I dusted at just under 3 wks, remember you have to give them 4 weeks to develope before you harvest. Be very careful with that stuff, it spreads like wildfire. Turn off your fans and only dust lower branches lightly. I'll say again, I used a small model paint brush. Turn off your fans, dont breathe heavy. :)

thanks for the advice....both plants were started together so they are the same age with maybe a day or 2 difference....i'll probably go ahead and pollinate tomorrow morning....my light cycle is from 7am - 7pm and i need my fans on to keep the temp down....i figure in the morning i can do it right before the light and fans shut off....i've got the pollen collecting in a produce bag from randall's and will probably just stick it over the branch and leave it a couple days like i did the top of the male....i'm not sure of the flowering time for the strain either but judging from the growth rate i'd say 8-10 weeks....so that should leave plenty of time for the seeds to mature....thanks again for the help and i'll let ya'll know how it turns out....

Latest posts

Back