When to start flowering process?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesche

Reaction score
Hi you guys..... I have a couple attachments showing where I am with my crop.

November 12 will be 3-months since germination.

Been feeding them with Botanicare PURE BLEND PRO Grow Soil Nutrient 3-2-4. Lights: X8 bank T5's with all Blue bulbs. 18 hours per day light. Height now: 14" from bottom of the pot up to the tops of the plants.

• My question is when do I start the flowering process. 12 on 12 off and change the fertilizer to
Botanicare PURE BLEND PRO Bloom Soil Nutrient 1-4-5. With no light leakage during this process.

They are not really big right now....plenty of leafs though. I have (8) plants with the T5's.... probably too many for the fixture. Next time I will only grow 4 or 5.

Any ideas on this?

Thank you!
Reesche

Attachments

• 3-Months 1 SEND.jpg
    3-Months 1 SEND.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 3-Months 2 SEND.jpg
    3-Months 2 SEND.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 83
Is that the light you plan on flowering with? If so, i would lst and flip now. They will be too big if you let them go much longer.

When you flip them, they will probably do some stretching so depending on how much height you have available, you can flip them any time your ready...some strains can almost double in height during flower...

Thanks you guys!

So to make sure I have this right....

"Flipping" means start the flowering cycle right? Never heard that.

1. Switch out my BLUE T5 bulbs now and put in my RED lights (All Red) right? When I say RED they are Kelvined on the red side of the color spectrum.

2. Switch out the Green Fertilizer and start watering with Botanicare PURE BLEND PRO Bloom Soil Nutrient 1-4-5. Every watering? Do you flush (Water) anytime during the flowering? I remember right before you hang them for harvest, but what about during the watering cycle for flowering?

3. Set the T5 lights to 12 hours ON and 12 hours OFF right? During this flowering, wasn't it important to NOT let any stray light into the room that you are growing in?

4. Once I start all of this, how long will I need to go for the flowering cycle before the rape? Time wise?

And what else should I be aware of that I haven't mentioned here?

I appreciate all your help you guys!
Reesche

Flip them to 12 hours, correct.
1. Yes move to a redder spectrum. Some people run blue and red bulbs at the beginning of flower.
2. Switch on week 2.
Probably not every watering. You will have to gauge that depending on your soil and plants needs.
Some people flush on day 21. Some never flush, again depends on your plants and soils needs.
3. Yes and yes total darkness, you cant violate this.
4. Totally strain dependent. 6 to 12 weeks or more for some heavy sativas.
What are you missing? That depends on what your goals are for your grow. If youre going for a healthy completion and harvest its looking good so far. If you want to maximize your output, you may need some light adjustments. But im not trying to put the cart before the horse.

You can flower under t5’s. I had some pretty nice crops under 6 t5 bulbs. Not that many plants though. My LED’s grow better buds but I grew for a couple years with t5’s before I could justify money for a new light. I use 10000 kelvin bulbs to veg but when I used to flower, I used 2 of the 10000 k bulbs(with uva) and 4 2700 k(I think).

Everyone's giving some amazing advice so there's not much to add apart from... why do you call it "rape"? I've seen you call it that twice now and as far as I know, that's not a term used for harvesting...

I am actually thinking of deleting that. It is a new thing on here and I am not happy with it. To call harvesting raping is really wrong on so many levels. Plants like cannabis are meant to be grown and harvested--this is the natural way. Rape is a horrible violent crime perpetrated upon (mostly) women and children. So let's just quit calling harvest a nasty chicken-shit violent, little-dicked crime....okay?

Actually, after my little tirade here, I am asking that you edit your post and please take out the rape comment.

Keep walking Other Keef and don't say nothing !-- U better take yourself back to the OFC -- U get me in trouble out here !- I mean it !- Not a word !

Latest posts

Back