When To Start Nutes/Fertz?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBobMarleyJr

Forever A Blazed Member
Reaction score
Just want some feed back when is a good time to start feed MJ for a seed?

i like to start feeding my youngins about 2 weeks old. IMO. Some people would start about 3 weeks. Just personal prefrence.

What are we growing in? Hydro they will need to eat sooner I believe.
For soil I don't feed for a cpl weeks....but it depends on what kind of soil you are in. Some run hotter then others. It may sound dumb but I wait till they look hungry. After a cpl grows you can get an eye for it.

I hve had some need a light feeding as early as two weeks and a cpl hve gone just about 4 weeks. Jmo

....but it depends on what kind of soil you are in. Some run hotter then others

:yeahthat:

My soil mix has enough goodies in it for a few weeks..and I too now have an eye for what they are saying

take care and be safe

im soil right now, and will be when i start somethin else up once im almost done my flower now thanks

I usually look for the cotyledon starting to go paler.
From what I understand, up to this point the seed has enough food for initial growth, once they show lightening of colour, they need food.
I used to feed my seedlings too early until I discovered this and since then they did great. Max 1/4 strength for 1 week progressing by 1/4 strength each 5 days/week. That was in hydro though which is easier to control than soil. If your soil is pre-nuted you shouldnt need to give much feed in seedling stage.
JMO W

Latest posts

Back