When to switch to 12/12 when a stalk had split but seems alright?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I am trying my luck with a photoperiod girl scout cookie plant. I had created a manifold and made it to eight growing stems or (whatever you call them), when I moved the plant and the main stalk split partially. That was last week, week four and the plant has kept growing but I had used a twist tie to hold that part together. Now, it is still not repaired, but I am still having growth. I stuck some popsicle sticks along its side. My question is now that I am in week five when should I switch the lights? I was expecting to week 7 or 8. The plant can only get so tall in the space it is in before it will hit the light. I read it would double in size or get taller.

Sharon, I don't understand. You are in week 5 and should I switch lights....you mean veg? If so you can switch anytime....do it now especially if the plant is gonna get to tall for the space. Hope I understood.

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry, I didn't know if the plant was split if I had to wait. Thank you!

When say split you mean it broke when it fell over? If so it will probably be just fine. Just make sure if its cracked that you put some tape around it to keep bugs and disease out of the stem. Lots of ppl Super Crop by pinching and bending. Pot plants are tough bastards.

When say split you mean it broke when it fell over? If so it will probably be just fine. Just make sure if its cracked that you put some tape around it to keep bugs and disease out of the stem. Lots of ppl Super Crop by pinching and bending. Pot plants are tough bastards.
It split down the middle of the main stalk. I topped it and had it tied down. It is doing really good though. They can mend themselves quickly.

I am trying my luck with a photoperiod girl scout cookie plant. I had created a manifold and made it to eight growing stems or (whatever you call them), when I moved the plant and the main stalk split partially. That was last week, week four and the plant has kept growing but I had used a twist tie to hold that part together. Now, it is still not repaired, but I am still having growth. I stuck some popsicle sticks along its side. My question is now that I am in week five when should I switch the lights? I was expecting to week 7 or 8. The plant can only get so tall in the space it is in before it will hit the light. I read it would double in size or get taller.

As far as I know, when you flip the light cycle is up to you and has little to do with the broken stalk. Throw some duct tape around the stalk and move on. The plant will keep on doing its thing. I've had them split or break on me before but the plants are pretty tough and their job is to grow, so they do. In the end, they're weeds and are hearty as heck no matter the circumstances. Keeping them watered and pouring good strong light to them will produce happiness in the end. Best of luck!!

Latest posts

Back