When to top?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerplanter

Reaction score
Hi all. I through out some bag seed at the beginning of the month. I need to keep them as low as possible so the neighbors can't see them. I just need to know how far along do they need to be before you top them? I think they are about 3 weeks along and still kinda small. Will it hurt them if I top to early? Any advise is appreciated. PEACE ALL!! :)

I have topped at the 4th or 5th node plenty of times with no problems.....that is indoors....not sure if outdoors is different but I wld doubt it.

Jmo

I too top at the 4th node..the one I have outside now I topped and then tied down.(LST).. she is now 5 feet wide and 2 feet tall..:aok:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Just what i was going to post asking the same question.
4th or 5th it is then hammy and 4u2.
T4

Thanks Hammy, THG, and 4u. I was going to try to LST them. I didn't know they could be kept that short though. Good info. Thanks a lot guys. :)

IMO, LST will keep them shorter than topping them.

Hey THG, why not do both? Will that be to much stress? :confused2:

After just harvesting a plant i severely topped, i would lst too.You will have to keep topping probably to keep them as short as you need to and that doesn't make for a great harvest. LST...the way to go. Good luck PP.

Rosebud said:
After just harvesting a plant i severely topped, i would lst too.You will have to keep topping probably to keep them as short as you need to and that doesn't make for a great harvest. LST...the way to go. Good luck PP.

I wouldn't do both.

I agree with Rosebud. You can get a huge plant just by doing LST. Every time you top it, it takes some time to recover and it will only stop the upward growth so much.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I wouldn't do both.

I agree with Rosebud. You can get a huge plant just by doing LST. Every time you top it, it takes some time to recover and it will only stop the upward growth so much.

My LAdie here THG said what I was gonna say...I dont do both and like LST..doesnt seem to slow her down as much as topping...Heres My ladie outside

P5310006.JPG

Latest posts

Back