When will dry be done…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
I’m on days 6 and seven drying on racks flipping them regularly. They are much less sticky now but still not snapping. is it normal for them to lose some of their stickiness before they are ready? Will it come back in cure? my temp has been running at 62 and humidity between 50-60%. When will they be dry? Am I doing the snap thing wrong? I think one snapped from the first plant in day 7 but the rest off that plant did not yet

Pics?
Should be close to time to debone.
C74D7416-CC7E-433C-9B67-09F3839DD0E6.jpeg

I ran 10 days at a rough 60/60. Them went into mason jars. Best results I've had in years. Smell and taste is great. Way powerful stuff. One of several things I picked up here on last grow. (60/60) .. Still burping but WOW. Your's looks great.

I like to jar mine when the outside is dry but not bone dry, usually before the stem snaps.
leave them sealed say 12 hours then open and feel them, if they moistened back up a bit ill just leave the lid off a bit, if they feel damp take them out of the jars a few more hours.
The idea is to slow the drying process without mold but without drying it to a crisp, then seal it up and let it sit a good month for the best taste.

Debud clip each nug (bud) off the stem at the bud stem.
I they are now feeling crispy and dry I would go right into jars as stated above
but still do your burping.

Debud clip each nug (bud) off the stem at the bud stem.
I they are now feeling crispy and dry I would go right into jars as stated above
but still do your burping.
I ended up jarring them up. i Spent to much worry waiting on the snap. Next time I would jar up a day earlier I think but no loss and experience gained. I dropped in one of those humidity pacs in the jars in hopes to re hydrate a bit more. They seem to be working already after only a few hours. I couldn't resist to sample one little bud. It was already delicious and smooth even without the cure so I’m hoping for even better in 2-3 weeks ish. Thanks so much

I buy a bunch of those tiny brick temp/humidity measuring devices. Once feeling dry ish, jar. If in 80s open jar pull out contents for hour or so put back in.

Once steady lo mid 70s, occasional burps until 62%. Store away. If long term, full vacuum from seal a meal and freeze

Bubba

It will raise humidity in the jars without the packs.
Looks great !
Awesome job!
I think my weed was dryer than it should have been when I put them in jars. It did increase humidity but maybe I didn’t wait long enough. They have been Jared up now about 14 hours. I put an apple slice on top in an open baggie trying to get up to correct humidity. Will see if it helps.

I think my weed was dryer than it should have been when I put them in jars. It did increase humidity but maybe I didn’t wait long enough. They have been Jared up now about 14 hours. I put an apple slice on top in an open baggie trying to get up to correct humidity. Will see if it helps.
Wait and see what buds are like 1st , The apple fruit trick can cause your weed to mold
You can always do that later.
You need a small Humidity meter in the jar to see where you are at now.
Cheap and can be bought most places ie amazon/ebay
1643634243463.png

I like to jar mine when the outside is dry but not bone dry, usually before the stem snaps.
leave them sealed say 12 hours then open and feel them, if they moistened back up a bit ill just leave the lid off a bit, if they feel damp take them out of the jars a few more hours.
The idea is to slow the drying process without mold but without drying it to a crisp, then seal it up and let it sit a good month for the best taste.
I will do this next time. I think it would be easier to bring humidity down than try to bring it back up. Will not wait till stem snap next time.

I will do this next time. I think it would be easier to bring humidity down than try to bring it back up. Will not wait till stem snap next time.
I bet it will be fine
When you squeeze a bud does it crumble apart or just a crunchy smush and bounce back to shape (almost Back ) ?

remember any outer sugar leaves will most likely be very dry and crunchy but center will still be squishy
I say it is fine

Have you checked that meter against a calibrated one
Lots of times they can be off by a lot (up or down)
I have jars at 58% that are fine to smoke all day.
The Boveda pack will stabilize the air inside for storage once cured

I bet it will be fine
When you squeeze a bud does it crumble apart or just a crunchy smush and bounce back to shape (almost Back ) ?
I can tell they are not completely dry. Actually this morning feel a little better. I would like to see that 62% tho on my meter

I like to store at 62% and do a day of drying out out of jar the weed I plan to use the next day
So 58 is fine for smoking

When I started out I ruin a big batch using the orange trick on foil top of inside jar
It molded down the line as it was in storage
I won't tell you what to do

Latest posts

Back