When will dry be done…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m having a slight issue I’m wondering if someone can help , it’s to do with the drying and curing process . I had a few auto blueberries outside that I had to harvest a little bit early unfortunately, i dried and cured it for 3 weeks and it came out all hay / straw tasting ( still did have loads of crystals on it so i made nice hash out the majority of it ) . Iv heard this can be due to either harvesting too early which we did or not drying / curing properly . One of the plants we were able to take inside and care for until it was ready and when I chopped it I hung it to dry for about 7 days in a room sitting about 70f and with humidity between 50/60 . After 7 days I jarred it up and it said 65 but by the end of the night it was up to 70 so I left it out again over night and in the morning it was jarring up about 65 . It’s only been a few days it’s been in the jar but it seems to have this hay / straw smell
Similar to the other ones . I was hoping this stuff would be more fruity and tasty since we put all the care into it . Has anyone else had this problem ? I made sure the room had sufficient air and it was in darkness most of the time . Thanks In advance
Once you are 70ish and no higher, pretty well over the hump, keep burping down to 62 or so. As you burp, the chlorophyll and such will go away along with that grassy taste.

Once below 60, cure is over. If it dried too quick, it is what it is.

Bubba

Curing makes all the difference with smell and taste but as long as it's harvested at the right time you will still enjoy your high.

Once you are 70ish and no higher, pretty well over the hump, keep burping down to 62 or so. As you burp, the chlorophyll and such will go away along with that grassy taste.

Once below 60, cure is over. If it dried too quick, it is what it is.

Bubba
Thanks man appreciate it . It’s been sitting at 65 ever since the last message , I’m maybe not burping it long enough as it doesn’t seem to be going down nor up . I think it’s starting to smell a bit better each day , il keep you guys posted

Thanks man appreciate it . It’s been sitting at 65 ever since the last message , I’m maybe not burping it long enough as it doesn’t seem to be going down nor up . I think it’s starting to smell a bit better each day , il keep you guys posted
Just be patient, it will come down. Very slowly it will come down...this is just what you want, it takes time to break down the icky stuff. I just open them and use something to fan air in there, seal it back up. Slow process, dont want too quick spoiling cure, dont want mold. I have taken time off work with good sized cure during the "critical" days!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back