When will dry be done…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked that meter against a calibrated one
Lots of times they can be off by a lot (up or down)
I have jars at 58% that are fine to smoke all day.
The Boveda pack will stabilize the air inside for storage once cured
Yes, you are right. The meters came in a pack of 10 and all of them were slightly different. I compared them to my tent gauge which I’m not sure is correct either. None of them were way off but comparison to all eleven was as close to calibration that I have…

Yes, you are right. The meters came in a pack of 10 and all of them were slightly different. I compared them to my tent gauge which I’m not sure is correct either. None of them were way off but comparison to all eleven was as close to calibration that I have…
Yep good way is to take them all put them out and use one from the middle of the pack
reading wise

When I started out I ruin a big batch using the orange trick on foil top of inside jar
It molded down the line as it was in storage
I won't tell you what to do
I’ve read not to leave the fruit in for more than a couple days at a time since fruit spoils. It said to trade them out with new fruit every day or two. I’m watching them like a hawk as it is my first grow and trying to learn the plant

the stickiness will still be there when cured and stored properly

i just opened a sack of flowers that were dried and cured and then vacuumed sealed 15 months ago and they are sticky icky , rolls really good joints , no dry crap falling out the ends when rolling one up , smokes slow and clean

after years of drying and curing , smoked my first joint in 1964 , I do not use any boveda packs or meters to test humidity , it is all done through the senses of feel , smell , sight , and taste

the stickiness will still be there when cured and stored properly

i just opened a sack of flowers that were dried and cured and then vacuumed sealed 15 months ago and they are sticky icky , rolls really good joints , no dry crap falling out the ends when rolling one up , smokes slow and clean

after years of drying and curing , smoked my first joint in 1964 , I do not use any boveda packs or meters to test humidity , it is all done through the senses of feel , smell , sight , and taste
True. I hope to develop my senses a bit more with time Especially in the grow Arena. Until then, I’m just depending on my new friends to bring me along with their experiences.

Wait and see what buds are like 1st , The apple fruit trick can cause your weed to mold
You can always do that later.
You need a small Humidity meter in the jar to see where you are at now.
Cheap and can be bought most places ie amazon/ebay
View attachment 287167
That's all what I use. You can get a bag of them pretty cheap..Amazon.

Bubba

That's all what I use. You can get a bag of them pretty cheap..Amazon.

Bubba
I removed the apple. It looks good and feels good and smells good and I tried a bit and it tastes good too. The meter is reading 61 on this jar and almost that on the others. I think I caught the over drying in time. I’m burping them a couple times a day and checking them. I’m hoping the others will also continue to build a little more humidity today. I’ve learned now to go with my gut on when they are dry and not depend on the snap method. i am super happy with the outcome so far tho.
DB7E4795-5436-4D60-8F2D-5BBB3511CD34.jpeg

I removed the apple. It looks good and feels good and smells good and I tried a bit and it tastes good too. The meter is reading 61 on this jar and almost that on the others. I think I caught the over drying in time. I’m burping them a couple times a day and checking them. I’m hoping the others will also continue to build a little more humidity today. I’ve learned now to go with my gut on when they are dry and not depend on the snap method. i am super happy with the outcome so far tho.
View attachment 287234

alright alright alright ….sounds like you are on a roll

about those jars with the big stoppers….I always liked the screw on lids because I was afraid the stoppers would leak air and dry my flowers out in the long run

maybe others have better luck with them and maybe my stopper lids were old

sounds like your jars are air tight

about those jars with the big stoppers….I always liked the screw on lids because I was afraid the stoppers would leak air and dry my flowers out in the long run

I agree My jars like that were never airtight, I gave em back to the wife for tea and coffee
I would get some cheap Mason jars to be safe

I know. Who knew jars would be a seasonal item. I should have just ordered them on Amazon. Thought I would find them easy at good will or the thrift stores. I see them except when I’m looking for them. Still shopping for them tho. Love your pantry. Maxwell House and GG#4. Finally figured out which was which by the smell in the jars. Now I can finally label my clones with real names

I know. Who knew jars would be a seasonal item. I should have just ordered them on Amazon. Thought I would find them easy at good will or the thrift stores. I see them except when I’m looking for them. Still shopping for them tho. Love your pantry. Maxwell House and GG#4. Finally figured out which was which by the smell in the jars. Now I can finally label my clones with real names
Maybe put a layer of Saran Wrap over the top of jar as you push the lid into place
Will give it a better air seal

can you describe the fragrances?

piney , fuel , solvent , sweet rotten fruit , peppery , ?

can you describe the fragrances?

piney , fuel , solvent , sweet rotten fruit , peppery , ?
Quite different than anything I’ve ever tasted. I guess kinda piny and fuel in a good way. kinda keep wanting to taste it to describe it to myself. I’ve been smoking crappy home grown now for 40 years or so. Occasionally I would get some especially tasty stuff but not often. I compare everything to a dresser drawer of something called Gold in the 70s I had. Should have never sold it all off for $35 an oz 😂. im thinking that this grow your own thing is gonna be a really good thing for me and the hubs.

I’m having a slight issue I’m wondering if someone can help , it’s to do with the drying and curing process . I had a few auto blueberries outside that I had to harvest a little bit early unfortunately, i dried and cured it for 3 weeks and it came out all hay / straw tasting ( still did have loads of crystals on it so i made nice hash out the majority of it ) . Iv heard this can be due to either harvesting too early which we did or not drying / curing properly . One of the plants we were able to take inside and care for until it was ready and when I chopped it I hung it to dry for about 7 days in a room sitting about 70f and with humidity between 50/60 . After 7 days I jarred it up and it said 65 but by the end of the night it was up to 70 so I left it out again over night and in the morning it was jarring up about 65 . It’s only been a few days it’s been in the jar but it seems to have this hay / straw smell
Similar to the other ones . I was hoping this stuff would be more fruity and tasty since we put all the care into it . Has anyone else had this problem ? I made sure the room had sufficient air and it was in darkness most of the time . Thanks In advance

Attachments

• EE91A9A7-4BFA-4923-A938-49402F21B495.jpeg
    EE91A9A7-4BFA-4923-A938-49402F21B495.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I’m having a slight issue I’m wondering if someone can help , it’s to do with the drying and curing process . I had a few auto blueberries outside that I had to harvest a little bit early unfortunately, i dried and cured it for 3 weeks and it came out all hay / straw tasting ( still did have loads of crystals on it so i made nice hash out the majority of it ) . Iv heard this can be due to either harvesting too early which we did or not drying / curing properly . One of the plants we were able to take inside and care for until it was ready and when I chopped it I hung it to dry for about 7 days in a room sitting about 70f and with humidity between 50/60 . After 7 days I jarred it up and it said 65 but by the end of the night it was up to 70 so I left it out again over night and in the morning it was jarring up about 65 . It’s only been a few days it’s been in the jar but it seems to have this hay / straw smell
Similar to the other ones . I was hoping this stuff would be more fruity and tasty since we put all the care into it . Has anyone else had this problem ? I made sure the room had sufficient air and it was in darkness most of the time . Thanks In advance
Have you been burping the jars (open the lids once a day for a few weeks to allow new air into the jar for a few mins and then resealing?
Dry for 7 days and into the jar 65% was good and the over night part also was good but now you need to off gas them in jar by opening them for 2 weeks and then let them sit for a few months to cure it.

Ty
Have you been burping the jars (open the lids once a day for a few weeks to allow new air into the jar for a few mins and then resealing?
Dry for 7 days and into the jar 65% was good and the over night part also was good but now you need to off gas them in jar by opening them for 2 weeks and then let them sit for a few months to cure it.
yes mate twice a day since they were put in the jar last Saturday . Only been leaving the jar open maybe half an hour , was going to keep doing that for a week then start burping once a day for the remaining 3/4 weeks . Will the smell get better as they start to rehydrate a bit ?

Latest posts

Back