When will it get bushy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotherEarth

Reaction score
My plants are about 1 month old still in veg. They are about 9 inches tall, but only have 5 pairs of leaves on each side. The damn thing is driving me nuts! I am growing weary of troubleshooting. I just want to stick my seeds in the dirt and leave the light on a forget about it. Who's with me? lol. Anyway, why isn't my plants bushy like you guys'??? :eek:
PS. I leave the light 2" away

no. I should invest in one, but I am still paying for Christmas. LOL.

MotherEarth said:
My plants are about 1 month old still in veg. They are about 9 inches tall, but only have 5 pairs of leaves on each side. The damn thing is driving me nuts! I am growing weary of troubleshooting. I just want to stick my seeds in the dirt and leave the light on a forget about it. Who's with me? lol. Anyway, why isn't my plants bushy like you guys'??? :eek:
PS. I leave the light 2" away

by you saying that ur lights are 2inches away, im guessing you are using flo's...

if so, then you're pretty much outta luck with "bushyness" unless you preform some good ol' LST
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread/t-250575.html

LST??? Yes, I use florescent lightening. Will it be ok, for it not to be bushy? Sorry, I have studied and studied. I thought I did EVERYTHING right! :mad: ;)

(L)ow (S)tress (T)raining. A method of tieng down the top of the plant to promote side shoot growth. It is very effective and easy to do.

MotherEarth said:
LST??? Yes, I use florescent lightening. Will it be ok, for it not to be bushy? Sorry, I have studied and studied. I thought I did EVERYTHING right! :mad: ;)

you have done everything right dont worry.

LST, I posted a sweet link for it elsewhere on the forums, look around maybe even do a search for it....it will help u get ur plants bushy with thos flo's
:)

Low - stress training ( LST) is used when height must be kept at a minimum. The marijuana plant is trained to lie over on its side at an early age, with each successive stem trained in the same fashion. This method produces a low-lying, luxurious plant, with increased bud production due to the light reaching into the sides of the plant as well as the top.

Ok...now I know what it is, but I can't seem to find how to do it. What do you think? Do you think I should tie the top (under the first top leaves) to the base of the plant with a twisty tie and move the light 2 inches close to the bent stem? Is that wrong or right? How did you do it? Thanks guys for all your help.

PS. My plants grew 4 more inches already...I better get this LST thing going or I am going to have a 12 foot twig!! lol

Early on, the stalks are very pliable. They can simply be "bent" over to accomodate your needs, but will quickly raise themselves back up toward the light. Tieing them down will keep them from uprighting themselves.

Well, they loaded out of sequence, but you can get the general idea.

I see that you also use coat hangars for anchoring the stems down in the media. I get three anchors from each coat hangar. I've found that giving them a little bit of a twist keeps them anchored better.

Great minds work together!

CoatHangarAnchor.JPG

I put a bunch thumb tacks around the pot rim, and tie from there. I like stoney's coat hanger thing too.

Amazing! I am so glad I asked you guys. Wonderful idea about the wire hangers! That is sortof like a hook. Thankyou guys! Thanks for the pics and websight too! :)

Nice Pics Hick. Mother Earth My 2 In A Half Month Old Plant Was Skinny And Tall Under Flos At I Month Too. Seemed Like As Soon As I Stuck Them Under Hps They Started Spreading Out And Bushing Thereselves. But I Still Tied It Down To Be Even Bushier .

Hick, very nice looking plants G'd! Can you use bullets to describe your grow room set-up? like an expert-->-->-newbie list? Like, what kind of lights, method of grow..advice..

Latest posts

Back