Where do you hunt for rare seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff1

Reaction score
Hello!

Was wondering where you guys go hunt for hard to find seeds (sold out, legendary strains that are no longer distributed, or simply small batch breeders packs...).

I was on FB groups for a while but got ripped off twice and decided to stop.
IG has been better but I got unlucky again recently... Hope it's not a trend on IG.
Been using forums but it's hard to find what your after and I heard of people being ripped off too on some other forums.

Any other option you guys use???

Thanks

Long time grower friends is where I reach out too. and of coarse my own Bank

LMTSGA

Just wanted to let y’all know that I completed trades and ordered a couple clones on that site called "strainly" in the above post, and everything went super smooth. kinda dope concept. actually surprised it didn't exist before when you think about it.

Thanks for your advices

Some strains Im most interested in are.

Some of these are still listed by banks, but are in no way the same as they were in the 80s, and 90s, and most of these are hybrids

Chem91 VA
NL5
NL1
Black Domina
Sk1
Sk18
Haze
Nevils Haze
Skelly/Puck Hashplant...Nevils genetics
MassSuperSkunk
Original Weasel cut Sour Diesel
Sour Diesel IBLSduid Hashplant
Nepali Hashplant
Lebanese Hashplant
4 Way
79 Romulan cut
Willie Nelson/Monkey Paw

All of these are, or were available at the following companies, and seed banks.

The Nature Farm Genetics... Available at The Nature Farm Genetics

Dominion Seed Company...SeedsHereNow seed vendor... Look for the Sk1 x Skelly crosses.

Coastal Seed Company available at
SeedsHereNow
JamesBeanCompany

Swami Organic Seeds.... Instagram
GreatLakesGenetics.

That Haze and Black Domina are old school cannabis strains. I have not seen just plain Haze in decades. The Black Domina came from Sensi Seeds I think. I have a buddy who likes to grow that one for hash. I find the taste of Black Domina does not appeal to me, but it sure can be potent.

The one strain that I really like that is exceptionally elusive is "Asian Fantasy". I have smoked it, but have never been able to grow it.

There was a Seed site that was kinda like eBay but I forget the name. Maybe SeedBay? I would have to look through my old posts and see if I posted about it. It was pretty cool. I got some awesome crosses from there.
The best way to get rare beans and clones is to make friends and network. I am lucky enough to be friends with a bunch of cool cats who have access to some great Fire.

I kind of got the feeling that Jeff1 was doing a bit of advertising more than anything.
The only mention of "strainly" comes in his post, unless someone deleted their post.

Far corners of the world. China is where cannabis originated. So you can bet most Asian strains are gonna be pretty exotic or prehistoric looking.

I have had great success with www.seedsman.com who are out of Spain. However, all my orders recently have been mailed to me from locations within the U.S.A. You might browse their offerings to see what might be available as they have multiple seed banks besides their own offerings of "Seedsman"

20190413_114928 (Large).jpg

I am a botanist and I have been doing some really heavy and dramatic experiments on my marijuana plants lately and using different methods to changing the plants genetics and by doing so most of my marijuana plants had changed its colors and also mutated with a very strong smell to. After that after altering there genetics and DNA the plant is growing really healthy and very strong!.

There are tons of safe methods to doing this DNA altercations but I wanna know what others would thing about a GMO DNA altered marijuana plants?

The plant pictured below is a Hawaiian Indica Mutant Hybrid #4456

Camera_2019-08-12-02-26-08.png

Last edited:
Sorry if I posted off topic here just wanted to meet new people here and see if anyone had the same interests as me.

My other questions is has anyone here actually gotten there beans delivered to them or had them confiscated before??

Because I have been thinking about doing this by mail ordering beans online here but am a little hesitant on doing so because I don't know what to expect if I had gotten caught in the shipment of the beans?

Ive been ordering seeds since they first started selling them in the early 80s.

Ive only had 3-4 orders confiscated, and nothing happens. the send a notice of confiscation, tell you that you can challenge the confiscation, and send $25 or something, and they will revue it.

Heres the deal.

YOU/ONE cannot be held responsible for what is sent to you in the mail, regardless if youre name is on the package, or not.

Your worst enemy could send you something, report it, and have you busted.

Aint happening.

BUT.

If you accept the package, THEN you can be held accountable. Unless you used a credit card, and they really have it out for you, nothings going to happen, though I would not have seeds sent to where I was doing anything.

Did you use Colchicine to mutate your plants?? If so, you know the 1st generation can cause cancer????

Only 2-3 out of a thousand will survive, and then they may be sterile.

Im not much for altering anything, especially chemically, because no studies have been doe to determine if its healthy, or not. Smoking anything is not good for your lungs, and to smoke something thats genetically altered, is not in my cards.

I think the only reason for this is because the genetics people have aint strong enough.

Im also not a fan of just breeding plants for high THC, and not taking into account Terpenes, CBD, THCV, CBN and Flavonoids. And a few other things.

I'm new to this forum but just wanted to add that I have been buying seeds from seedsupreme.com for the last few years, for me they've always been great. Having a section for landrace strains and detailed descriptions on the genetics is really handy, although there is so much choice on the website that it can a while to choose!

I'm very particular about getting authentic, genuine strains and every time I have ordered with them, the seeds have come in breeders packs. I think it was my last order when I wanted a strain that was out of stock, so I contacted customer service to find out if it was coming back and within 24 hours they had replied saying that it was now available.

https://www.seedsupreme.com/

I recently got some beans I've been hunting for through GTA Seedbank. I was pretty impressed at the selection. It's huge.

I'm still laughing at that adorable Japanese maple seedling that our little "botanist" posted as mutated cannabis further up the thread What a maroon.... seedling. If anyone is interested, I have some extremely exotic two-tone green and burgundy superextramultiploid zygroholistic organobioassociative totally not photoshopped cannabis sprouts growing on my lawn, pay no mind to the mature bronze Acer palmatum towering over them....

But he is a botanist, sa. And a scientist. Creating franken-cannabis. 120% THC, 54% CBD...

upload_2019-9-26_8-15-3.png

Latest posts

Back