Where Presidential Candidate Joe political name Stand on Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksarben

Reaction score
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/where-presidential-candidate-joe-political name-stands-on-marijuana/

A candidate's stance on legalization is very important to me....and gets more important to me every election. While there are also other reasons that I don't support political name, his stance on cannabis is up there. I was upset that the Obama administration did little to further legalization, other than the Cole memo, when they could have.

Most all of the dem candidates are for legalizing cannabis.
https://thefreshtoast.com/culture/j...e-only-anti-marijuana-presidential-candidate/

Last edited:
I would love it if political name actually did something to legalize weed, but I cant see that he has actually done anything to further legalization. He keeps picking these attorney generals with absolutely archaic ideas about cannabis. I really don't expect to see legalization under him. I can't see McConnell even letting this come up for a vote. I can't see the Republican run Senate approving this if it is brought up for a vote.

The assurances he gave Gardner, were really part of the Cole memo, an Obama administration thing....a memo that political name allowed Sessions to rescind...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love it if political name actually did something to legalize weed, but I cant see that he has actually done anything to further legalization. He keeps picking these attorney generals with absolutely archaic ideas about cannabis. I really don't expect to see legalization under him. I can't see McConnell even letting this come up for a vote. I can't see the Republican run Senate approving this if it is brought up for a vote.

The assurances he gave Gardner, were really part of the Cole memo, an Obama administration thing....a memo that political name allowed Sessions to rescind...
Looking from the outside, it seems to me like political name has a big chance to take office a second time. I hope that he does better on this issue within his time and not wait all this time. Am I right that he has a high chance to win the next round?

Looking from the outside, it seems to me like political name has a big chance to take office a second time. I hope that he does better on this issue within his time and not wait all this time. Am I right that he has a high chance to win the next round?

Are you asking us to discuss Politics? If you were and it was allowed I would say no way. Approval rating in the toilet and impeachment on the horizon. But it is not so I will say nothing. :)

Are you asking us to discuss Politics? If you were and it was allowed I would say no way. Approval rating in the toilet and impeachment on the horizon. But it is not so I will say nothing. :)
Hi Hammy :) I am asking to get some insight about what is going on, since i live far and watch only some news related to that so i still thought that political name had high approval rates since the economy was booming.

Hey zem,he has his base at 35%. Sometimes it is a bit higher. Lets just say most of us arent dancing and singing in the streets like yoir beautiful country can do.

Hi Hammy :) I am asking to get some insight about what is going on, since i live far and watch only some news related to that so i still thought that political name had high approval rates since the economy was booming.

Zem, it is booming but not for the Middle Class and Working Poor. You know the old saying. The rich get richer and the poor...

Zem, it is booming but not for the Middle Class and Working Poor. You know the old saying. The rich get richer and the poor...
Im middle to lower class (per income) and things have gotten pretty good for me. Paid less in a lot of things and was able to put more away for my retirement than I have in the past by a substantial amount. Almost have all my credit paid off as well.

AG Barr has given leeway to States that have Marijuana laws. In an article I will link he states:

"He was asked Wednesday by Sen. Brian Schatz, a Democrat from Hawaii, whether the Justice Department would restore the Cole Memo if Congress can’t come to an agreement on legislation.

“We’re going to have to make some difficult choices,” Barr said. “One open question in my mind is, if states continue to pass these laws, are we going to continue to forbear (enforcement of federal law) in those states?
I would like to see Congress address this issue.
Schatz asked Barr if he’s provided any guidance in the meantime.
The Justice Department, Barr said, is “operating under my general guidance that I’m accepting the Cole Memorandum for now, but I’ve generally left it up to the U.S. Attorneys in each state to determine what the best approach is.
“I haven’t heard any complaints from the states that have legalized marijuana.”

LINK: https://mjbizdaily.com/attorney-gen...ate-legal-marijuana-trumps-current-situation/

IF Congress will pass the STATES Act, and send it to President political name, that wouid make it so much simpler. And, I believe he will sign it into law. THEN There will be no conflict between states that have enacted their own legalization of marijuana. As it stands now it's legal on some state levels, but in Federal levels is totally illegal in all states.

I am for complete legalization across the board. Period.

As far as approval numbers, according to gallup they are climbing. Last approval was at 45% so I would not quite say that it is "in the toilette."

Jobless rate is at a 49 year low, according to statistics. The jobless rates for Blacks, Hispanics, Women, Is lowest in decades and an all time low for women right now. Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

Right now, "WE" are waiting on the House bills that are pro marijuana to be voted on and continue though the process. Personally, I think that there are so many Democrat Presidential condenders, save Joe political name, that have voiced support for marijuana reform that President political name will vote yes for it to 1. take away that issues, and 2. He does recognize States rights and would like to see the states get more involved with their own state's issues.

Im middle to lower class (per income) and things have gotten pretty good for me. Paid less in a lot of things and was able to put more away for my retirement than I have in the past by a substantial amount. Almost have all my credit paid off as well.

@Dogweed Good for you! I'm about in the same class and my take home pay has increased after the tax cuts by quite a bit, and I did not change my witholding. I also got back money as a refund from state and federal this year as well. Everyone around here from lower to middle class are doing very well and our company has expanded their employee base because of the economy and tax structure.

My taxes have gone through the roof , but my income has not gone up. Tax cuts for the rich do not trickle down. Give those tax cuts to the poor and middle class and they will buy more stuff and let it trickle up.

I have itemized my taxes every year since I bought my 1st house. 15 years or so. This year was the 1st year I didn't because quite a few of the things I could deduct were taken away. Things like Union dues. As a result, I had to take the standard deduction which gave me the smallest tax return I have gotten in the last 15 years.

No write off for State taxes and a greatly reduced write off for medical expenses are two things that killed me. I have to pay. Where is that 4,000$ extra refund that was promised? lol

Well if you thought you were promised 4,000$ or a lump sum return then you're definitely going to be disappointed.

I have itemized my taxes every year since I bought my 1st house. 15 years or so. This year was the 1st year I didn't because quite a few of the things I could deduct were taken away. Things like Union dues. As a result, I had to take the standard deduction which gave me the smallest tax return I have gotten in the last 15 years.

A few years ago I was in the hospital twice within weeks of each other. Gall bladder surgery and again back in for Pancreatitis. I have medicines, amount taken out each month for my insurance, hospital bills and still with all that, the standard deduction was still more than if I had itemized, so I've used that since.

A lot of people, like yourself, will get a smaller refund this year simply because if you did not change your withholding in 2018, your amount taken out of each pay check was less taxes "then" and you took home more income "at the moment". Everyone at the winery saw an increase of take home pay from previous years without an increase of wages. So I imagine there are a lot of folks that will see a smaller refund due to the fact that it was already factored in along the way.

Latest posts

Back