1. The July Children, photo by JGVermont1965
    Dismiss Notice

Where spider mites come from....?

Discussion in 'General Indoor Growing' started by Ekoostik_Hookah, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Apr 9, 2019 #21

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

@Rosebud It's cheaper if I just use high proof alcohol. Yep.. . 95.45 % EtOH fine misting outdoors, and mites appear to be totally gone and plant is as healthy as ever.

Rosebud likes this.
  2. Apr 9, 2019 #22

zem

zem

zem

Hi Rose :) It is my bad that I am not engaging a lot in discussions these days. I still have my habit to keep mp open in a tab and check for new posts always, so I am always around. How are you Rose? I guess that you are preparing for yet another bigger better outdoor season? :D

Rosebud likes this.
  3. Apr 9, 2019 #23

zem

zem

zem

Well for a small sized growroom, the ozone generator would be in the hundreds and not thousands of dollars and it produces gas only. In a sealed room, the gases seep into all the unseen crevices and kill everything.

Rosebud and Aksarben like this.
  4. Apr 10, 2019 #24

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

Yes, the ozone will kill everything and leave NO residue.... just turn back into O2 eventually. CO2 would kill them but you need a lot and it leaks out of areas faster since it is heavier than air.

5. Apr 11, 2019 #25

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

Checked today and the spider mites I sprayed with near pure ethanol are not around any more. Plant is going great guns!

6. Apr 12, 2019 #26

zem

zem

zem

While I never tried ethanol on the plants, I did however try insecticidal soap that kills on contact and it killed any insect that it hit. Problem is that it has no residual effect, just like ethanol, so it does not harm the pests after it had evaporated. I had mites constantly regaining their numbers after a while and then I would be well into flowering and I would not even want to use insecticidal soap, and surely not ethanol since it is a very strong solvent for thc and it will ruin my buds.