Where's the bathtub growers at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
ok im about to move my grow into an upstairs bathtub thats not being used. i plan on running dual 400w hps lights with just a wing not a air cooled hood. the bathroom has its own exhaust which i plan to replece the fan with a stronger one it. the upstairs has its own a/c unit and the bathroom is small with its own vent..

how hard do you think its gonna be to keep this room cool? any suggetions from ppl already growing in a tub would be nice.. thanks

Here I am. Here is a picture of what we did. DSCF0689.JPG

As you I hope, can see, we changed out the exhaust fan to the best one H Depot had, Mr rb made a flange to go over the exhaust fan. then we vented out lights. Put the ballast up high on a shelf or in another room if that is possible. That really helps the heat. I have a window that I put a big fan in to bring in fresh air. it is still cool here, that won't work this summer. We have a vent, but I am going to try to not grow in the heat of the summer.

We have a 400 and a 600 in there. He built a top for the tub so i could get more plants in there.

Does that help? Anything else specific please ask.
rose

sounds like you've got it down pretty good. i've been playin with the a/c upstairs and can get the temps in that bathroom down in the 50's without any lights and the door closed. i think im gonna hang my lights this weekend and run them to see what my temps are. i figure i can keep it pretty cool with the A/C as low as it will go up there. still gotta go buy the conversion bulbs..

Thanks Rosebud. if i run into any problems i'll hit you up.

slowmo77 said:
ok im about to move my grow into an upstairs bathtub thats not being used. i plan on running dual 400w hps lights with just a wing not a air cooled hood. the bathroom has its own exhaust which i plan to replece the fan with a stronger one it. the upstairs has its own a/c unit and the bathroom is small with its own vent..

how hard do you think its gonna be to keep this room cool? any suggetions from ppl already growing in a tub would be nice.. thanks

I've been a tub grower and have found that the guest bathroom is an excellent place to grow. I put four GH Water Farms right in the tub and it was so nice being able to drain them easily. We already had a ducted exhaust fan, so I beefed that up and connected it to my ducted light fixture. I wanted to suggest that you consider a booster fan for your AC duct. These run about $30 and are pretty easy to install.

nothing to add, they said it all. bathtub grower as well.

must be nice to have an extra bathroom lol

wait, you do have an exta bathroom? :confused: right

:rofl:

Latest posts

Back