which 14/10 or 12/12 works best for yall?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
I'm trying to use the advance techique to get more ratio of females,
by using 9 cfls, (3 cfls per hood 3 hoods) I did seprated all preflowers
maybe I think I see only 2 pre flower males not sure, I want to wait a little to get postive sexes..it has been going on 12/12 for 2 weeks, I need anyone s experinces which 14 on or 14 off /10 ethier or 12/12 works better? to get more ratio of females.. temp is cool like 70-74 not that bad..
I would like to try cloning them for the first time after get the postive sexes I ll post pics I swear!

I veg up to 24 hours per day when I am home, but turn off everything when I am not so that I don't burn the house down.

I veg up to 12 hours per day when I am home, but turn off everything when I am not so that I don't burn the house down.

I have experienced no stressed out hermie mutations from either of these practices. Don't believe the hype!

so no one heard about "14 on, 10 off, or 10 on, 14 off?

if I has them on 14 on, 10 off, will it make them think they are male or, just to
quick the process of develop the sexes? am I better off 12/12 to do that? if I has to put them on 24 hr, they will stay in veg for long time which I will do that after find the sexes, and cloning em, maybe keep male or not depends on strains

It makes no difference. They are either male or female. You will get what you are given
Dexter

Dexter said:
It makes no difference. They are either male or female. You will get what you are given
Dexter

are you sure? there was time when I was nelegected grew outdoors in back of woods, I grew too much herms, and also there was lot of males..
I got only few lucks of females... yes sad man...grew too much work too hard too much buckets brung in the back of woods.. had game warrden came down to remove most of them and claim don't know who did these..

had to sit down and read some of important issues about get right ratio of sexes...now I got more females lately.. there was other time I grew some plants in fed proptery (cant tell u where) but 3 of these places, (schools) u know? and grew in the Dorm:eek: with soft red lights,75 watts I end up has males and when I was that age (15) I didn't know the sexes of marijauna , I tried to understand it for few years, now I know and realized...:rolleyes:
maybe whats above us look after us what we do to these bearing seeds, who pay attention carefully will deserve more expects of females (thats how I do, I feels, and been though...thats way I see it):rolleyes:

I veg up to 24 hours per day when I am home, but turn off everything when I am not so that I don't burn the house down.

I veg up to 12 hours per day when I am home, but turn off everything when I am not so that I don't burn the house down.
:huh:
You need to redesign your room so that you feel at ease about your house not burning down while you're out. What in the heck makes you so worried?

papabeach1 said:
are you sure? there was time when I was nelegected grew outdoors in back of woods, I grew too much herms, and also there was lot of males..
I got only few lucks of females... yes sad man...grew too much work too hard too much buckets brung in the back of woods.. had game warrden came down to remove most of them and claim don't know who did these..

had to sit down and read some of important issues about get right ratio of sexes...now I got more females lately.. there was other time I grew some plants in fed proptery (cant tell u where) but 3 of these places, (schools) u know? and grew in the Dorm:eek: with soft red lights,75 watts I end up has males and when I was that age (15) I didn't know the sexes of marijauna , I tried to understand it for few years, now I know and realized...:rolleyes:
maybe whats above us look after us what we do to these bearing seeds, who pay attention carefully will deserve more expects of females (thats how I do, I feels, and been though...thats way I see it):rolleyes:

I think I understand you now. you mean environmental factors once vegetative growth has begun?
hmmm interesting, I read in an grow book somewhere about the effects of crowding

yeah and theres forum I ve been reading in MP, let me find it... shoot!! I couldnt find that forum I think its closed or something its good forum though they talk about 14/10 and all that that's why Im asking anyone if has experinced with 14 on 10 off instead of 12/12 to get the proper sexes..

Capt. Skinx said:
I grow all FLOURO from start to finish. 3 Weeks @ 24/0, then 13/11 for 8-9 Weeks.

you could get postive sex within 3 weeks?

before put them in flowering?

heck how u do that??

:holysheep:

This is another strain dependant thing.. Hardcore sativa growers will mimick equatorial light as much as possible, vegging at something like 13/11, and flowering at 11/13.. Environment can matter alot as far as pheno expression goes.. Indicas do like the whole 18/6 or higher for vegging, but you can also pull more sativa out of them at times by showing them the equatorial environment..

Capt. Skinx said:
I grow all FLOURO from start to finish. 3 Weeks @ 24/0, then 13/11 for 8-9 Weeks.

just started other 4 seeds and its on 24, see how it goes for 3 weeks hmm..

just that it need to develop the sexes, it will not develop if I do keep them in 24 hr on?

Most plants will show preflowers by 5 weeks or so with pretty much any suitable schedule..
Only preflowers will show though.. You won't get any pistil formation on the tops until you reduce the light..

some people said 10/14 to get more ratio of females? true or false?

less lights to get them pre flowering the last grow we did was 12/12 we got 40 percents of males 20 percents of hermies, maybe its from the seed strains?

I think sex is predetermined before you sprout it :hubba: I have heard you can influenece it, but I really dont believe it either ;)

I just veg at 24/0 and then flip to flower at 12/12 and sex always shows within 2 weeks in every strain I have grown :farm:

It can be influenced.. Hermaphrodism is proof of that.. Ethylene is an important sex determination hormone..
Its really the best practise to ignore that fact if breeding though, because any plant that can be induced to show characteristics of the opposite sex will carry a strong hermaphroditic tendancy.. Actually female traits on a seed polinated as a male [thus induced female] is much worse for breeding since this trait signifies an incredibly strong hermaphroditic tendancy [but ontop of that, it would donate male genes.. Essentially masculinized seeds:( ].. This would occur from exceptional environmental conditions, whereas female>male typical hermaphrodites occur from negative environmental factors.. Obviously in this scenario virtually any plant can be stressed to the point of herming, so resistance level should be considered in selection..
Apparently the point in the life-cycle that is most important for inducing sex is 2-3 weeks into vegitative growth.. Only female>male changes are ever commonly observed due to environmental factors after that..

Latest posts

Back